- Hometown Hero. // People;12/3/2001, Vol. 56 Issue 23, p138
Profiles Manny Diaz, who was elected mayor of Miami, Florida, and the story of how he represented relatives of Elian Gonzalez.
- Take My City, Please. Woodiwiss, Bob // Cincinnati Magazine;Feb2008, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p290
The article presents a speech by the mayor of Cincinnati, Ohio in which he discussed the construction of its jail, The Banks project and elections.
- '12 State of the City address: NYC: Capital of innovation. Bloomberg, Michael R. // Filipino Reporter;1/20/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p24
The article presents the text of the author's 2012 State of the City address as mayor of New York City.
- Jackson rises to the occasion again. Tucker, Brian // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/8/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p8
In this article the author discusses the State of the City speech given by Frank Jackson, Mayor of Cleveland, Ohio. He says that Jackson is right in calling for a countywide authority, which could examine innovative ways to fund public education collaboratively. He also says that the mayor...
- Nagin's 'dream' can come true with help. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/13/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p24
Highlights the inaugural speech of mayor Ray Nagin in New Orleans, Louisiana. Plans of Nagin for the city; Creation of solid middle class from the underprivileged African and American sector; Appeal of Nagin of cooperation among citizenry, business and political sector; Business agenda of the...
- The Beginning of a New Era in Detroit. BING, DAVE // Vital Speeches of the Day;Feb2010, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p92
The article presents a speech by Mayor of Detroit, Michigan Dave Bing, entitled "We Will No Longer Be Defined by the Failures...of the Past," delivered as his inaugural address at the Fox Theatre in Detroit, Michigan on January 8, 2010. Bing discusses ethics in government, improvement of public...
- New NLV mayor emphasizes progress. HUDDLESTON, ANNA // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2/1/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 5, pP16
The article presents a speech by North Las Vegas, Nevada Mayor Shari Buck during her first State of the City address on January 21, 2010. In her speech, Buck acknowledged the challenges being faced by the city, and stressed that municipal projects are progressing. She said that in order to...
- Mayor. // New Yorker;11/19/1979, Vol. 55 Issue 40, p41
The article presents information on the presence of the mayor of New York City during a speech by the city's Landmarks Preservation Commissioner and an archaeologist at the New York City Hall. The mayor came late with the public focusing all their attention on him. While the commissioner and the...
- MANNY DIAZ. Farrell, Cathleen // Hispanic;Aug2006, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p58
The article presents an interview with Miami, Florida mayor Manny Diaz on his efforts to improve the quality of life in the city. The public perception outside of Miami about the city is negative that is why the local government does something to change this perception. He also plans to make the...