THE TRADING FLOOR
- Mortgage Earnings Help Boost Big Bank Stocks. // National Mortgage News;10/7/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p12
Cites a report of U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc. stating that consumer banking business supports investments banking business at large commercial banks. Significance of demand for capital spending in investment banking business; Banks that might beat Wall Street earnings estimated for the...
- For Piper Jaffray, California Dream Is Water Works. Mandaro, Laura // American Banker;9/6/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 171, p2
Reports that U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray has opened an office in Los Angeles, California. Acquisition targets of the firm; Services offered to drainage manufacturers.
- Piper Leaves Bancorp Nest. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/26/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31352, p1
Reports the independent operation of U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Restructuring of U.S. Bancorp; Importance of the announcement regarding the autonomous operation of the investment banking business; Effectivity of restructuring. INSET: Stone & Youngberg Names Four New VPs.
- Sepracor CFO Hustles To Bring Zero Converts. // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/15/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 48, p10
Details how bankers from Morgan Stanley, Credit Suisse First Boston and U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray solved Sepracor Inc. chief financial officer David Southwell's dilemma regarding an investor demand for zero-coupon convertible bonds. Use of a complex structure known as a call spread that...
- Piper Jaffray on Europe: Niche Play Is the Thing. Reilly, Patrick // American Banker;11/20/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 223, p2
Reports the plans of US Bancorp Piper Jaffray to concentrate on the mergers and acquisitions market for small-cap companies in Europe. Focus on less than one billion dollar deals; Confidence of bank officials on the success of the endeavor; Selection of David Wilson as head of the investment...
- Liabilities Doom Piper Jaffray Sale. Lugo, Denise // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/24/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p11
Reports on the decision of Minneapolis, Minnesota-based commercial bank, U.S. Bancorp to sell its investment banking division, U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc. Reasons for the sale of the banking division; Details on the lawsuit filed against the banking division; Views of the market analysts on...
- Investor show ambivalence toward tech stocks. Kjos, Tiffany // Inside Tucson Business;02/21/2000, Vol. 9 Issue 48, p11
Reports on investors' minimal purchase of high technology stocks in the United States. Survey by US Bancorp Piper Jaffray Portfolio Strategy Group; Potential growth of technology stocks; Ownership of stocks through 401 (K) programs; Institutions' purchase of technology stocks.
- U.S. Bancorp Offers Trusts with Nuveen. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;10/24/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 204, p9
Reports on U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray and Nuveen Investments' introduction of two investment trusts on October 23, 2000.
- Piper Jaffray chief shuns tech concerns for `value'. Johnsson, Julie // Crain's Chicago Business;04/17/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p12
Announces the appointment of Daniel Donoghue as co-head of the middle-market mergers and acquisitions group at investment bank, U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray. Duties and responsibilities of the Chicago, Illinois-based executive; Career background; Major accomplishments; Recap of management...