Senate Panel OKs Package Clarifying Rules for Gas Contract Prepayments
- Another veto looms. DoBias, Matthew // Modern Healthcare;10/22/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 42, p10
The article reports that the U.S. Senate appears close to passing a broad domestic funding bill that includes increased money for several Health and Human Services (HHS) programs, setting the stage for another probable veto from U.S. President George W. Bush. The $152 billion Labor-HHS funding...
- Border initiative advances. // Inside Tucson Business;07/24/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 18, p2
Reports on the United States Senate Appropriations committee's passage of the Southwest Border Initiative. Funding package designed to provide funding for law enforcement, construction and high-tech equipment for communities in the U.S.-Mexico border; Provisions of the initiative.
- Democrats' Spending Plans: Budget Packages or Packs of Lies? Santoliquido, John // Human Events;4/2/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 12, p5
The article focuses on the budget resolution passed by U.S. Senate Democrats that they claim would balance the federal budget by 2012. The budget resolution calls for a two-year cap on the number of tax-filers subject to the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT). It cites the criticisms raised against...
- And Who Gets Finance? Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;10/30/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31006, p1
Discusses the future of the United States Senate Finance Committee's leadership and its implications for public finance issues being considered in the U.S. Congress. Re-election bid of committee chairman William Roth, R-Del., against Delaware Governor Thomas R. Carper; Possible contenders to...
- 11th-hour effort to pass E911 funding legislation hits
snag. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;10/11/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 41, p6
Reports on the delay in the effort to pass the wireless enhanced 911 funding bill in the U.S. Senate as of October 2004. Provisions of the bill; Reason for the delay in the approval of the bill; Overview of the E911 system; Amount of the grant program in the U.S. Senate bill.
- Senate Resumes Appropriations Push. Cohn, Peter; Smallen, Jill; Dick, Jason // National Journal;9/8/2007, Vol. 39 Issue 34, p47
The article reports on the fiscal 2008 appropriation bill approved and being discussed by the U.S. Senate. The Senate intends to pass two more spending bills with a third one on queue to be able to complete four out of the 12 annual appropriations measures. It predicts that the delay in the...
- LESS RED INK. // Atlantic (02769077);Feb83, Vol. 251 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on the U.S. balanced-budget amendment passed by the Senate on August 4, 1982. Origin of the amendment; Objectives of the amendment; Discussion of the principal objections to the amendment.
- SOCIOLOGY. // America;6/12/1909, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p245
The article reports on the fate of a U.S. Senate bill on the Commission Government for cities of Joliet, Peoria, Galesburg and Springfield in Illinois. The Committee of the House did not approve the bill passed in the Senate in 1909 that would have given authority to the aforementioned cities to...
- SENATE APPROPRIATIONS LABOR, HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES, AND EDUCATION SUBCOMMITTEE APPROVES FY 2008 SPENDING BILL. // NCADD Washington Report;Jun/Jul2007, Vol. 10 Issue 6/7, p1
The article reports on the approval of the fiscal year 2008 funding bill by the U.S. Senate Labor, Health and Human Services and Education Appropriations Subcommittee. The bill includes $152 billion in discretionary funds, funding increases for Centers on Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment...