Anchorage Voters OK $210 Million for Schools, Roads
- OKLAHOMA: Decision Time in Logan ISD. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/6/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32580, p9
The article reports on the vote on a 16.9 million dollar bond issue in Logan County, Oklahoma that would upgrade and expand the junior high school in Guthrie, Oklahoma. The bond proceeds would be used to remodel the building the opened in 1929 as a high school. 20 new classroom would also be...
- Rare Bond Vote Failure. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/14/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32338, p35
The article reports on the failure of the Putnam City School District bond issue in Oklahoma. It is the only fourth that district voters turned down in the last 50 years. The bond would have increased taxes by 5.93 percent. The bonds were planned to be used for improvements in athletics...
- Biggest GO Deal Ever? Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/14/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32338, p35
The article reports on the inclusion of a 217.5 million general obligation bond package on the May 13 ballot in Texas. The inclusion was approved by the Board of Trustees for the Schertz-Cibolo-Universal City Independent School District. The bond election would be divided into three separate...
- Chamber hears benefits of ISD bond. // Malakoff News (TX);9/25/2015, Vol. 106 Issue 39, p8
The article reports that the Athens Chamber of Commerce in Texas has identified the six areas that will benefit from the 60 million U.S. dollars Athens independent school district bond should it pass the November 2016 ballot.
- San Francisco Schools Heading to Voters for $450M in Nov. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;8/1/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32435, p6
The article reports that the San Francisco Unified School District in California is urging voters to approve $450 million in bonding authority at the November 2006 election. The appeal is largely motivated by a federal district court ruling mandating compliance with the Americans with...
- COPs, bonds will fund Broward County, Fla., school district improvements. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;06/10/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30411, p3
Reports on the Broward County, Florida School District's approval of a five-year building plan that includes certificates of participation and state-issued debt. Plan to sell COPs and bonds in various allotments by the district and the state; Schedule of issuance.
- CALIFORNIA: SFUSD Sets $150M of GOs. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;11/21/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33009, p9
The article elaborates on the plan of San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) to sell its general obligations (GO) bonds worth $150 million in January 2008 in San Francisco, California. It mentions that the bonds were approved by voters in 2006 as part of a $450 million GO referendum that...
- Clark County, Nev., School District to Refund $160 Million. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;3/8/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32334, p36
The article reports that Clark County School District in Nevada will sell around $160 million in refunding bonds and intends to issue up to $500 million in new debt in November 2006 to fund the construction of about one new school building monthly in the Las Vegas area. According to Andy Artusa,...
- Leon Schools to AA. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/17/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32073, p29
Reports on the upgrade of Leon County School District's general obligation rating in Florida. Sound financial management and ample reserve levels.