Anchorage Voters OK $210 Million for Schools, Roads
- OKLAHOMA: Decision Time in Logan ISD. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/6/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32580, p9
The article reports on the vote on a 16.9 million dollar bond issue in Logan County, Oklahoma that would upgrade and expand the junior high school in Guthrie, Oklahoma. The bond proceeds would be used to remodel the building the opened in 1929 as a high school. 20 new classroom would also be...
- Rare Bond Vote Failure. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/14/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32338, p35
The article reports on the failure of the Putnam City School District bond issue in Oklahoma. It is the only fourth that district voters turned down in the last 50 years. The bond would have increased taxes by 5.93 percent. The bonds were planned to be used for improvements in athletics...
- Chamber hears benefits of ISD bond. // Malakoff News (TX);9/25/2015, Vol. 106 Issue 39, p8
The article reports that the Athens Chamber of Commerce in Texas has identified the six areas that will benefit from the 60 million U.S. dollars Athens independent school district bond should it pass the November 2016 ballot.
- Biggest GO Deal Ever? Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/14/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32338, p35
The article reports on the inclusion of a 217.5 million general obligation bond package on the May 13 ballot in Texas. The inclusion was approved by the Board of Trustees for the Schertz-Cibolo-Universal City Independent School District. The bond election would be divided into three separate...
- Arizona School District Misses Deadline to Get New Bond Issue on Ballot. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/1/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31960, p4
Reports on a planned bond election in the Colorado City Unified School District in Arizona. Structure of the bonds.
- COPs, bonds will fund Broward County, Fla., school district improvements. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;06/10/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30411, p3
Reports on the Broward County, Florida School District's approval of a five-year building plan that includes certificates of participation and state-issued debt. Plan to sell COPs and bonds in various allotments by the district and the state; Schedule of issuance.
- Some Texas Schools Find It Harder to Get PSF Guarantees. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/3/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31607, p36
With more school districts in the state facing financial hardships, the Texas Education Agency is rejecting an increasing number of requests for guarantees from the Permanent School Fund for local school district bond issues, in some cases prompting those districts to turn to private bond...
- San Francisco Schools Heading to Voters for $450M in Nov. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;8/1/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32435, p6
The article reports that the San Francisco Unified School District in California is urging voters to approve $450 million in bonding authority at the November 2006 election. The appeal is largely motivated by a federal district court ruling mandating compliance with the Americans with...
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Williams, Rochelle; Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;9/27/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31480, p33
Reports business developments in the U.S. as of September 27, 2002. Change of the outlook of Standard & Poor for the Oakland Unified School District; Relocation of the lucrative concession space of Los Angeles World Airports to make room for additional security checkpoints; Approval of...