Health Midwest Wraps Up Watershed $1 Billion Sale to HCA
- Healthy settlement. Reilly, Patrick // Modern Healthcare;3/17/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p22
Reports on the agreement reached by Health Midwest and Kansas Attorney General Phill Kline over the fate of proceeds resulting from the sale of the not-for-profit system to healthcare firm HCA. Terms of the agreement; Significance of the agreement; Information on the healthcare foundation...
- Health Deal's Woes Could Harm Sector. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/16/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31533, p1
Reports on the planned sale of Kansas, Missouri-based nonprofit healthcare provider Health Midwest to Tennessee-based profit health care provider HCA. Terms of the sale deal; Investments by HCA for capital improvements at Health Midwest facilities; Legal complications in the sale deal.
- Affiliation boom, battle for county hit K.C. Scott, Lisa // Modern Healthcare;8/8/94, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p138
Reports on the impact of Health Midwest's entry into Johnson County in Kansas City, Missouri. Purchase of Menorah Medical Center; Effect on other hospitals; Market maneuvers; Johnson County residents' demand for health care; Projected changes in Johnson's health care system; Provider rivalry;...
- HCA Prices $1B in HY for Dividend. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;12/10/2012, p20
The article reports on the 1 billion U.S. dollars in new bonds sold by hospital operator HCA in a drive-by deal to finance its third dividend to shareholders for 2012.
- How to improve our health services. Holland, Walter W. // Clinical Medicine;Jun2014, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p223
In this article, the author discusses recognition of the importance of health services research (HSR) for improvement of medical care in Great Britain. He discusses various topics including expectation of Great Britain's National Health Service regarding improvement of heath of people through...
- breaking up the transcription logjam can improve cash flow. Paulik, Dennis // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jun2004, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p78
Reports on how Health Midwest, a family of healthcare services in Kansas City, Missouri, restructured its document transcription and delivery services for its 12-hospital system to reduce days in accounts receivable and improve cash flow. Analysis of its outsourcing of transcription among more...
- Clima organizacional de equipos directivos y su relaciÃ³n con los resultados en la atenciÃ³n a la salud. Peña-Viveros, Raúl; Hernández-Hernández, Dulce María; Luz Vélez-Moreno, Ana María; García-Sandoval, Martha Gabriela; Reyes-Tellez, María Araceli; Ureña-Bogarin, Enrique L. // Salud PÃºblica de MÃ©xico;nov/dic2015, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p528
Objective. To identify the relationship between organizational climate of management teams and the performance of health services. Materials and methods. A transversal and analytical study was designed. The Organizational Climate Scale (OCS) was utilized and performance was assessed by the...
- Late News. // Modern Healthcare;10/28/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 43, p4
Provides news briefs on healthcare industry in the U.S. as of October 2002. Information on a public hearing set by Missouri Attorney General Jay Nixon on a proposed acquisition of Health Midwest; Delay on the financial report of Neofarma; Elimination of mandatory overtime among nurses in...
- Late News. // Modern Healthcare;3/10/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p4
Presents news related to medical care in the U.S. as of March 2003. Focus of a malpractice reform legislation passed by the Congress; Evidence of financial mismanagement at Halstead Hospital in Kansas; Denial of a request for an expedited hearing by Health Midwest.