Bond Yields Rise Five Basis Points; Florida Board of Ed Refunds $407M
- Underwriters Mostly Courting Institutions for Long-Term Deals. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/10/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32008, p1
Highlights the results of a report from Merrill Lynch & Co. about the municipal bond market in the United States. Shift in the structure of long-term municipal bond deals to favor institutional buyers; Retail demand for the second half of 2004; Example of how current deal structures differ from...
- Merrill: Some Airline Bonds Enjoying a Performance Boost. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;9/20/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32470, p7
The article reports on the positive ratings of some airline-related municipal bonds in the bond market in the U.S. in September 2006, in reference to the data of financial service company Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. The report by Merrill cited bonds sold on behalf of American Airlines Inc. and...
- As U.S. Deficit Mounts, Treasury-Muni Relationship Stabilizes. Smith, Aaron T.; Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;5/7/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31630, p6
The U.S. federal government is heading for a massive budget deficit, according to economists. As the rally in Treasury yields has disabled in the face of destined issuance, municipal bond yields have continued to decrease â€” reverting to more traditional levels relative to Treasuries. The...
- Municipals Sell Off Modestly in February Amid Record Issuance. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32088, p7
Reports on the sell of municipal bonds due to plentiful demand from institutional investors in the U.S. Statement of Philip Fischer, municipal bond strategist at Merrill Lynch & Co. regarding the price of the municipal bonds sell; Inconsistency of large portion of muni bonds and pay coupons;...
- Merrill Hires Credit Research Generalist. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;4/14/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32111, p28
Reports that Merrill Lynch & Co. has hired Philip Villaluz, former vice president at Citigroup Global Markets Inc., as a generalist in its municipal bond credit research group.
- Bond Buyer Yield Indexes Fall Across the Board as long End Rallies. Johnson, Mathew // Bond Buyer;1/14/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32050, p6
The article reports that all of "The Bond Buyer's," weekly yield indexes fell as the long end of the municipal bond market rallied to catch up with the Treasury market as of January 14, 2005. While the yield curve is still relatively steep in the municipal market, it has flattened in U.S....
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;7/23/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32924, p21
Several charts are presented depicting bond performance in the U.S. including market indicators, municipal market data general obligation yields and Merrill Lynch & Co. corporate bond indexes.
- NYC's muni bonds faux ABS. S.M. // Asset Securitization Report;11/22/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 45, p11
Reports on New York City's sale of $496.2 million in triple-A rated taxable municipal bonds via the Fiscal Year 2005 Securitization Corp. vehicle, a one-off transaction for the city being led by Merrill Lynch. Refinancing of general obligation bonds sold by the city in 1992 that advance refunded...
- Merrill sees decline in refunding deals. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;02/19/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30334, p31
Reports that Merrill Lynch & Co. has forecast a decline in advance refundings of municipal bonds in the United States in 1998. Refundings and interest rates; Tax code limitation to issuers.
- White Paper. Weinberger, Joshua // Financial Planning;Jun2005, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p22
Provides information on a preliminary report made by Merrill Lynch that assesses the long-term outlook for bonds in the market environment as of June 2005. Factors that could affect yields for long-duration bonds; Speculations of Merrill Lynch on the factors that may raise bond prices.