War Worries Cast Shadow Over Florida Convention Center Sale
- Moody's Downgrades California's GO Bond Rating One Notch to A3. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;8/05/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31692, p1
Reports on the degradation of ratings for California's general obligation bonds by rating agency, Moody's Investors Service Inc. Factors responsible for the degradation; Actions need to be taken by California to upgrade the ratings for its bonds; Other financial services degraded by the rating...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;4/3/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31607, p2
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of April 3, 2003. Factory orders for manufactured goods, excluding semiconductors, decreased 1.5 percent in February, statistics released by the Commerce Department yesterday showed, while inventories grew 0.4 percent....
- Waltham, Mass., Raised by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;03/07/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31091, p2
Informs that Moody's Investors Service upgraded Waltham, Massachusetts' outstanding bonded debt. Rating on the area's general obligation bonds.
- Orange Co. upgraded by Moody's. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;09/23/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30732, p1
Reports on Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s upgrading of Orange County, California's bonds, five years after the country's credit rating declined due to its bankruptcy. Management trend in fiscal prudence which helped the county achieve rating upgrades; Ratings of the county's pension...
- Moody's gives Aa1 to Ocean Co., N.J., GOs. // Bond Buyer;11/15/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30768, p2
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's rating to Ocean County, New Jersey's sale of general obligation bonds, series 1999. Mention of the county's financial position.
- Saudi Arabia put on creditwatch. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/25/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 34, p20
Reports that United States based credit ratings agency Moodys' Investors Service Inc. changed the outlook on the Baa3 foreign currency ceiling for local bonds in Saudi Arabia to positive from stable. Implications on the kingdom's fiscal affairs; Government efforts to focus on settling arrears...
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;6/13/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31656, p37
This article presents information about developments in securities industries in different states of the U.S. as of June 13, 2003. Alaska Governor Frank Murkowski appointed seven members to the Alaska Natural Gas Authority. The authority was created by a ballot initiative in November 2002 to...
- Grants, N.M., gross receipts debt in Moody's crosshairs. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;01/28/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30319, p3
Reports on a possible downgrading of Grants, gross receipts tax bonds from New Mexico, according to Moody's Investors Service Inc. following a United States District Court's decision allowing Ambac Assurance Corp. to file for a lien on Albuquerque's share of revenues from the gross receipts tax...
- Modesto Irrigation Rated A2 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;10/20/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30503, p2
Reports on Moody's A2 rating of Modesto Irrigation District, California's certifications of participation expected to sell November 17, 1998. Affirmation of the district's general obligation bonds.