THE ARCHAEOLOGICAL DUTY OF CARE: THE LEGAL, PROFESSIONAL, AND CULTURAL STRUGGLE OVER SALVAGING HISTORIC SHIPWRECKS
- Bangladesh ferry rescue blow. // Eastern Eye;5/23/2014, Issue 1252, p21
The article reports on the opposition among relatives over the stoppage of the search of passengers who were feared to be trapped at a ferry that sunk in central Bangladesh wherein at least 54 people have died.
- Twin Disaster. // Time;2/9/1968, Vol. 91 Issue 6, p51
The article reports on the sinking of the Dakar ship somewhere between Cyprus and Haifa, Israel, and the Minerve ship about 25 miles from Toulon, France. It notes that 69 crews of Israeli Dakar and 52 Frenchmen aboard the Minerve died during the separate accidents. It notes that the Minerve sank...
- UK: Salvers finally board Hoegh Osaka as cost questions remain. Warburton, Simon // Aroq - Just-Auto.com (Global News);1/18/2015, p1
A reprint of the article "UK: Salvers finally board Hoegh Osaka as cost questions remain" by Simon Warburton, which appeared in the online resource' January 15, 2015 issue, is presented.
- WHAT IT FEELS LIKEâ€¦To Be Adrift in the Pacific Ocean for 38 Days. Robertson, Douglas; Strzemien, Anya // Esquire;Aug2005, Vol. 144 Issue 2, p108
Presents an article on being stranded in the Pacific Ocean for 38 days. Effect of the smashing of whale on the yacht; Activities done in order to amuse and survive; Incident that led to the rescue from the sea.
- RANGER DOWN. Thompson, Kalee // Popular Mechanics;Jul2008, Vol. 185 Issue 7, p56
The article presents a detailed description of the wreckage of the Alaska Ranger ship and rescue operation by several rescues. Rescuers Ryan Shuck and David Hull rescued several lives in the accident. They have testified about factors that may have affected safety on the Alaska Ranger. It is...
- The COSMO-SkyMed Constellation Monitors the Costa Concordia Wreck. Raspini, Federico; Moretti, Sandro; Fumagalli, Alfio; Rucci, Alessio; Novali, Fabrizio; Ferretti, Alessandro; Prati, Claudio; Casagli, Nicola // Remote Sensing;May2014, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p3988
On 13 January 2012, the Italian vessel, Costa Concordia, wrecked offshore Giglio Island, along the coast of Tuscany (Italy). The ship partially sunk, lying on the starboard side on a 22Â° steep rocky seabed, making the stability conditions of the ship critically in danger of sliding, shifting...
- UK: Vehicles' fates unknown as salvers toil in semi-darkness. Warburton, Simon // Aroq - Just-Auto.com (Global News);1/12/2015, p1
The article presents a reprint of the article "UK: Vehicles' fates unknown as salvers toil in semi-darkness" by Simon Warburton, which appeared in the online resource' January 9, 2015 issue. It reports on the difficulty of rescue operations to the rammed car ship Hoegh Osaka off the Southampton,...
- Rescues. // Naval Aviation News;May/Jun2005, Vol. 87 Issue 4, p3335
Presents several rescue missions of various U.S. Navy units. Rescue of Iraqi mariners from the sinking Edha II by MH-60S helicopter from HC-8 Det 4 of the USS Seattle; Recovery of the survivors from the crashed MH-53 and HM-14 by the MH-60S helicopters of the HC-6 and HC-8 stationed at NAS...
- DIG FACTS. // dig;Feb2006, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p5
The article presents information on archeology in the U.S., including the number of artifacts being studied by Delaware archeologists to identify a shipwreck dated 1760.