THE CIRCUITOUS JOURNEY TO THE PATIENTS' BILL OF RIGHTS: WINNERS AND LOSERS
- Democrats flex on patients' rights. Lee, Karen // Employee Benefit News;Aug2001, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p1
Highlights the victory of United States (U.S.) Democrats with the passage of a patients' bill of rights in the U.S. Senate. Purpose of the bill; How the concept of the bill came about; Procedural impact of the bill.
- Update on Patient's Rights Bill. // Review of Ophthalmology;Mar2000, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p5
Reports update on the legislation of the Patients' Bill of Rights in the United States. Versions of the legislation of the same bill; Role of the Patient Protection Committee in merging the House and Senate versions; Impact of public opinion on the chances of approving the bill; Concerns of...
- Patient-rights bill could fade in summer. Shutan, Bruce // Employee Benefit News;May99, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p1
Probes into the status of the proposed patient-rights legislation in the United States. Insights from Dean Rosen, senior vice president of the Health Insurance Association of America; Factors that are complicating the bill's ratification; Suggestion from Republican Tom Coburn.
- Negotiations with Senate set after House passes patients' rights bill. // Employee Benefit News;Nov99, Vol. 13 Issue 13, p7
Reports on the difference between the United States (US) House of Representatives' bill allowing patients to sue their health plans for denials of care and the Senate bill without the lawsuit provisions. Patient protections under the bipartisan patients' protection bill supported by US...
- Tide Turning In Congress On Patients' Rights Bill. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;08/23/99, Vol. 103 Issue 34, p30
Provides information on a bill being developed by the United States Congress for the protection of patient's right for health care. Core principles of the Consensus Managed Care Improvement Act, House Resolution 2723; Reminders to insurers and employers.
- Infighting may block patient rights bill -- again. Gatty, Bob // Urology Times;Apr99, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p66
Reports on the blocks to patient rights bill in the United States. Assuring patients of access to specialists without onerous penalties; Provisions of the principles.
- House Passes Bush-Favored Patients' Rights Bill. Kelly, Dennis // Best's Review;Sep2001, Vol. 102 Issue 5, p12
Reports the legislative bill for patient rights passed by the House of Senate in the United States. Terms of the bill; Right of patients to sue health maintenance organizations in state courts; Approval of the Retirement Security Advice Act of 2001.
- ERISA reg provides a preview of debate over patient rights. Weinstock, Matthew // AHA News;02/22/99, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p1
Focuses on the proposed patients' bill of rights in the United States. Implication of the proposed regulation; Comments from Leslie Kramerich, head of the Pension and Welfare Benefits Administration; Consequences of the proposed regulation.
- GOP Patient Rights Bill Prevails. Fisher, Mary Jane // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/19/99, Vol. 103 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the defeat of a liability provision of the Democratic bill by a Republican version of a Patient's Bill of Rights in the United States Senate. Details on the bill of the Democrats; Comments from Chip Kahn, president of the Health Insurance Association of America; Sponsor of an...