REMEMBERING JUDGE HUGH R. JONES: A PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL INSPIRATION
- A TRIBUTE TO THE HONORABLE HUGH R. JONES. Kaye, Judith S. // Albany Law Review;2001, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p1
Pays tribute to Judge Hugh R. Jones who died on March 3, 2001. Background of Jones; His achievements, and contributions to his community and society; The author's personal relationship with Jones.
- REMEMBERING JUDGE HUGH R. JONES. Abrams, Douglas E.; Crowley, Mary Lou // Albany Law Review;2001, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p9
Pays tribute to Judge Hugh R. Jones who died on March 3, 2001. Career background; Description of Jones' character; Achievements.
- REFLECTIONS ON THE LIFE AND WORK OF THE HONORABLE HUGH R. JONES. Younger, Stephen P. // Albany Law Review;2001, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p13
Pays tribute to Judge Hugh R. Jones who died on March 3, 2001. Background of Jones; Description of Jones' character; Achievements.
- Pannone court protection head quits firm for own start-up. Burton, Lucy // Lawyer (Online Edition);4/1/2013, p4
The article announces the resignation of Hugh Jones as head of Pannone's Manchester office in England.
- HUGH JONES AND MODERN COURTS: THE PURSUIT OF JUSTICE THEN AND NOW. Wesley, Richard C. // Albany Law Review;2002, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p1123
Presents a memorial lecture about Judge Hugh Jones and the modern courts in New York State. Background on Jones; Description of his work dedication; Evolution of court models that respond to the felt necessities of time according to a clarion call in 1972 by Jones.
- THE ROLE OF IDEOLOGY IN THE SELECTION OF APPELLATE JUDGES. Simons, Richard D. // Albany Law Review;2007, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p855
The article presents the text of a speech by Richard D. Simons, delivered at a symposium on state constitutions and constitutional law. He recalls his experiences working with Judge Hugh R. Jones as a junior member of the New York Court of Appeals. He claims that Jones was an excellent lawyer...
- COGITATIONS CONCERNING THE SPECIAL PROSECUTOR PARADIGM: IS THE CURE WORSE THAN THE DISEASE? Bellacosa, Joseph W. // Albany Law Review;2008, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p1
The article presents a tribute to former New York Court of Appeals Judge Hugh R. Jones. His contributions to New York State's jurisprudential world, as well as his qualities as a person are discussed. His unparalleled devotion to the Institution has inspired many. In 1973, he was appointed and...
- When, and when not, to dissent. Keefe, Arthur John // American Bar Association Journal;Jun80, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p795
Discusses the report 'Cogitations on Appellate Decision-Making,' by United States judge Hugh R. Jones. Presentation of the report during the 35th annual Benjamin N. Cardozo lecture at the Association of the Bar of the City of New York; Insights on Jones' decision-making style; Views on writing...
- HUGH R. JONES LECTURE AT ALBANY LAW SCHOOL. Levine, Howard A. // Albany Law Review;2003, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p1
Discusses the 1979 Cardozo Lecture of Judge Hugh R. Jones entitled "Cogitations on Appellate Decision-Making" at the Bar Association of the City of New York. Qualities of an ideal high court common law judge; Information on the factors in considering the art of judging; Alternative methodology...