With Growth Elusive, Publishers Focus On Cutting Costs
- B&N Looking for More Growth in Fiscal 2001. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/29/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 22, p16
Reports on the earnings of Barnes & Noble Inc. for the fiscal year ended January 29, 2000. Percentage of gain in bookstore revenues; Total operating income; Allocation for capital expenditures in 2000; Rate of increase in total company sales.
- Sluggish Sales at Barnes & Noble.com. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/3/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 44, p14
Reports on the decline in sales of Barnes & Noble for the third quarter of 2003. Net loss posted by the publisher; Expected sales for the fourth quarter.
- Sterling Adds to B&N Sales. // Publishers Weekly;5/3/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 18, p14
Reports on the increase in revenue of Barnes & Noble in 2003 due to the addition of sales from Sterling Publishing. Percentage of increase in revenue; Number of backlist titles from Sterling.
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;05/28/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p6
Presents updates on the earnings of publishing companies as of May 28, 2001. Books-a-Million Inc.'s net sales for the first quarter; Thomas Nelson Inc.'s earnings for the fourth quarter ended March 31; Barnes & Noble Inc.'s losses for the quarter ended May 5.
- Barnes & Noble Reports Strong Holiday Sales. // Book Publishing Report;1/12/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the profits and earnings of Barnes & Noble Inc.'s bookstores during the 2003 holiday season.
- Book Sales Increase At Big Three Chains, Despite Lack of "Potter Effect" // Book Publishing Report;8/30/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the growth of second quarter revenues of Barnes & Noble Inc., Borders Group Inc., and Books-A-Million Inc. as of August 30, 2004 despite lack of "Potter Effect" in the U.S. Comments of executives of the three companies regarding their positive sales growth; Emergence of the Bill...
- News Briefs. // Book Publishing Report;3/20/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p6
The article reports developments in the publishing sector in the U.S. Barnes & Noble Inc. has reported an increase of their sales and earnings up to a total of 5.1 billion dollars for the full year ending January 2006. The new Google Book Search of Google Inc.'s Partner Program has been offering...
- B&N, Bam Report Improved Second-Quarter Sales. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/27/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 35, p9
Reports on the sales generated by publishing companies, Barnes & Noble and Books-A-Million (BAM), for the second quarter of 2001. Growth of sales at Barnes' bookstore group; Increase in revenues at Barnes' superstores; Revenues gained by BAM in the quarter.
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;10/19/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 42, p5
This section offers news briefs concerning the U.S. publishing industry. August Bookstore has posted an increase of a 1 million U.S. dollar sales for August 2008. Barnes & Noble is in the process of terminating its remaining outlets in Dalton, Georgia. Amazon has launched same-day delivery in...