Focused on K-12 & Library, Haights Cross Sells a Legal Publisher
- Buyers wanted. Crawley, Devin // Quill & Quire;Apr2000, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p33
Reports on the options of retiring publishers on the sale of the publishing business in Canada. Doubts on the inclination of a large publisher to buy the business; Difficulty in identifying a potential partner; Reason of the discouragement of mergers between publishers by the Book Publishing...
- Publisher Acquisitions Listed in 'BP Report.'. // School Library Journal;Jan85, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the contents of the 'BP Report' of November 19, 1985. List of publishing firms sold in 1984; Acquiring companies.
- Harris Sells Publishing Unit. // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;9/3/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p31
Reports the selling of Harris Corp. publishing unit to MediaSpan in Raleigh, North Carolina. Reasons for the selling of the publishing unit; Appointment of executive Briggs Killborne as president of newspaper/media division of MediaSpan.
- FAR FROM PRIME. Bernstein, Jacob // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/12/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 54, p20
Reports on the sale of the 'New York' magazine of Primedia. Difficulty of the company to find a marquee executive; Demoralization of the staff.
- Hanley-Wood seeks a buyer. Harvey, Mary; Owens, Jennifer // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;07/01/99, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p15
Speculates on the outcome of Washington, D.C.-based publisher Hanley-Wood Inc.'s decision to put itself up for sale. Retirement of company chairman Michael Hanley; Hanley's selling of ownership stake; Probability of attracting bids from strategic and financial buyers; Potential acquisition value.
- MAXIMIZING YOUR COMPANY'S VALUE. Kreiter, Michael D. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Mar2008, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p46
The article discusses the factors that add value when selling publishing properties on the market. It is inferred that publications that occupy the leading positions in the competitive marketplace command the highest prices prompting buyers to look for measurable parameters such as advertising...
- Geac spins off Publishing Systems business. Edwards, Stephen // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;9/3/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p29
Reports the selling of the publishing business by the computer company Geac Computer Corp. Operation of Media Command Co.; Reasons for selling the company businesses; Capability of Media Command to become successful in publishing industry.
- Time set to sell Emphasis. Madden, Normandy // Ad Age Global;Mar2001, Vol. 1 Issue 7, p15
Focuses on the plans of Time Inc. to sell Emphasis Custom Media by June 2001. Details on the non-airline publishing operations of Emphasis in Asia; Clients of Emphasis.
- The Publishing News. Herren, Greg // Lambda Book Report;Dec2000, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p11
Provides updates on the book publishing industry in the United States as of December 2000. Discounted prices offered by several bookstores for the purchase of best-selling books; Acquisition of Different Light bookstore by business partners Stanley Newman and Bill Barker; Details on the award...