Marine Corps Sharpens Tactics To End-Run the Enemy
- Holistic Approach To Sea Basing. // Sea Power;Apr2003, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p76
Focuses on the concept of the Sea Bashing beach landing assault program developed by the U.S. Marine Corps Combat Development Command. Overview of the operational requirements; Details of the computer program employed in the attack system; Gadgets integrated in the assault program.
- Corps studies move into 21st century. // Marines;Nov95, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p2
Examines the activation of the Commandant's Warfighting Lab at the Marine Corps Combat Development Command as part of the operational reform of the United States Marine Corps. Responsibility of the Warfighting Lab.
- URBAN WARFARE ONLINE. // JFQ: Joint Force Quarterly;Summer99, Issue 22, p113
Presents Web sites offering information on urban warfare (UW) in the U.S. Materials and links to UW related Web sites presented in the site of Marine Corps Combat Development Command; Studies on UW capabilities provided by RAND Corp.; Military tactics and techniques featured in the site of...
- Marine Corps May Need Missile Mods For LCS. Rutherford, Emelie // Defense Daily;11/13/2009, Vol. 244 Issue 30, p2
The article reports on the need to upgrade precision-attack missile for the Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) owned by Marine Corps Combat Development Command in the U.S. Marine Commandant General James Conway and Assistant Commandant General James Amos have seen a lot of potential to put the...
- Planners Hold Rehearsal of Concept Drill for Next Phase of Iraq Drawdown. // Army Sustainment;Mar2010, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p51
The article reports on the rehearsal of concept (ROC) drill attended by logistics planners at Camp Arifjan, Kuwait to talk about strategies for the next phase of the Iraq drawdown on December 14, 2009.
- Specialists in Sudden Death. Steward, Davenport // Saturday Evening Post;8/1/1942, Vol. 215 Issue 5, p9
The article looks at the training in sabotage and sudden death undergone by the members of the U.S. First Marine Division assault force at their base at North River, North Carolina. The assault force represents the best of the amphibious, commando-type shock troops. The training for the...
- Procuring and Sustaining the Joint Strike Fighter. Hawkins, Stacey T.; Chiabotti, Stephen D. // Air Force Journal of Logistics;Spring2006, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p15
The article focuses on the sustenance of the Joint Strike Fighter, a tactical strategy program launched by the U.S. Department of Defense. The program is said to be under a congressional scrutiny because of its increasing cost. It is expected that the fighter force structure deficit caused by...
- Paradox or Paradigm? Operational Contractor Support. Rampy, Michael R. // Military Review;May/Jun2005, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p72
Focuses on operational contractor support (OCS) in the U.S. Army. Deployment of OCS into hostile fire areas; Dependence of future Army logistical support on integrating OCS at the strategic, operational and tactical levels; Questions that need to be answered if OCS is to become an integral part...
- Improving Class VIII Management at Brigade Level. Rodriguez, Edwin H. // Army Logistician;Nov2007, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p34
The article focuses on the measures in improving medical logistics at a brigade level. It outlines the extended roles of medical logisticians, as driven by the growing complexity in battlefields. It discusses the considerations and factors relevant to the logistics, like networking, unit needs,...