One Team Ready to Fight
- Acoustic Rapid Commercial Off-the-Shelf Insertion: A Model
for the Future. Udicious, Richard A.; Feeley, Michael E. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jan2004, Vol. 130 Issue 1, p72
During testimony before the House Armed Services Committee in February 2003, Acting Secretary of the Navy Hansford Johnson said that antisubmarine warfare (ASW) remains a challenging mission area, particularly in the shallow water littoral regions populated by modern, quiet submarines. The...
- Secretaries of the Navy. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2008, p428
A list of secretaries of the U.S. Navy Department from 1798 to 1945 is presented, which include Benjamin Stoddert, John Y. Mason, and James V. Forrestal.
- CDPH Memo Says Radioactive Shads Discovered, CIR Claims. // Nuclear Waste News;12/03/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 22, p7
The article offers information on the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) workers discovering radioactive shards buried in public lawns which are near to the apartment buildings on west side of Treasure Island. It states that the Treasure Island is a man-made landform which is in San...
- MAC faces widening gap in peacetime, crisis needs. Bond, D.F.; Morrocco, J.D. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/9/91, Vol. 135 Issue 10, p48
Presents an interview with Military Airlift Commander, Gen. Hansford T. Johnson, as MAC turns 50, and braces for force structure reductions in the 1990s that will redefine its role. In general terms the Defense Dept. will need less airlift capacity during peacetime operations and commanders of...
- Young Creates More "Tools" for Navy Program Managers. // Sea Power;Oct2003, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p13
Profiles John J. Young Jr., assistant secretary of the Navy for research, development, and aquisition in the U.S. Career and personal background of Young; Description of proposals for the U.S. Navy; Role in the implementation of U.S. Navy programs.
- Thackrah Rumored To Become Interim ASN RDA. Fein, Geoff // Defense Daily;11/9/2007, Vol. 236 Issue 30, p6
The article reports on the possibility that John Thackrah will become the interim head of the U.S. Navy acquisition. Prior to joining government service, Thackrah was a senior executive at United Technologies Corp. UTX , Pratt and Whitney Division, according to his Navy biography. Thackrah will...
- NAVAL SERVICES. Hanson, Marshall // Officer;Nov2003, Vol. 80 Issue 8, p38
Relates the experiences of the author as director of the U.S. Naval Services.
- Harnessing The Ocean Depths. Nitze, Paul H. // Vital Speeches of the Day;10/1/64, Vol. 30 Issue 24, p749
Presents the text of a speech given by Honorable Paul H. Nitze, Secretary of the Navy, at the launching of the submarine, Aluminaut in Groton, Connecticut on September 2, 1964, which deals with the exploration of the sea.
- Acting Navy Undersecretary Forced Out. McCarthy, Mike // Defense Daily;1/15/2014, p4
The article announces that Robert Martinage was forced to resign as acting Undersecretary of the U.S. Navy.