Congress Should Reassess Attack Boat Program As Mission Days Dwindle
- Urgent Business Ahead. // Time;1/14/1952, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p20
The article reports on the second session of the U.S. 82nd Congress with main agenda on investigations, foreign aid and the defense budget.
- Congress Pushing For Multi-Year Commercial Satellite Acquisition Strategy. Host, Pat // Defense Daily;12/13/2013, p1
The defense bill before Congress would seek multi-year procurement strategy for satellite communications. The fiscal year 2014 defense authorization bill awaitingÂ…
- Accord Gives Army Two Years of Budget Stability. // Army Magazine;Dec2015, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p8
The article reports on the budget agreement signed by the U.S. Congress and the White House as of December 2015 that would provide a 607 billion dollar defense budget for fiscal year 2016.
- Polaris -"New Star of Peace"? // America;8/13/1960, Vol. 103 Issue 20, p530
The author reflects on the revolutionary Polaris program of the U.S. The author believes that this program has an immediate impact upon its budget and the relative roles of the Navy and Air Force. The author contends that the Polaris submarine is a new dimension in the naval power but it might...
- Iraq Study Group Urges Congress To Assess Budget Impact of War, Fund Military Reset. DiMascio, Jen // Defense Daily;12/7/2006, p2
The article highlights the Iraq Study Group report that urges U.S. Congress and the administration to look closely at the nation's budget and undertake efforts to ensure that no lasting damage is inflicted upon the military. The report said that Congress should fully fund the military's effort...
- Senate leaves Clinton ability to restore Aristide in Haiti. // Human Events;11/6/93, Vol. 53 Issue 45, p22
Reports on the Senate rejection of an amendment to the Defense Appropriations bill. Requirement for a prior congressional approval for funds for United States forces in Haiti; Comments of the bill's opponents; Arguments of the supporters; List of senators that participated in the votation for...
- Construction Bill Passes. // Army Magazine;Aug2003, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p6
Reports that the U.S. Senate has passed the military construction appropriations bill for fiscal 2004.
- House panels to tackle 2013 Defense spending. // Hill;5/7/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 55, p16
The article reports that two U.S. House panels will be tackling the Pentagon's 2013 spending plan.
- House Defense Appropriators Back $427.4 Billion Budget, Want Second JSF Engine. Cahlink, George // Defense Daily;6/8/2006, Vol. 230 Issue 48, p1
This article reports on the decision of defense appropriators in the U.S. Congress to support a $427.4 billion fiscal year 2007 defense spending bill, which includes money for a backup engine for the Joint Strike Fighter. Lawmakers approved by voice vote the bill, which includes $50 billion in...