MIRACLE ON MARKET STREET
- Retail Beat. Heaton, David // National Real Estate Investor;Feb2001, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p24
Presents updates related to commercial real estate in the United States as of February 2001. Redevelopment of several properties owned by Westfield America Inc.; Renovation of the Silicon Valley Walk and Village Entertainment shopping center in California; Construction of the Short Pump Town...
- Union Squared. Boswell, Brannon // Shopping Center World;Mar2003, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the partnership between the real estate investment trusts firms Westfield America Inc. and Forest City in Mississippi. Construction of an urban retail project; Estimation of the annual sales; Architectural design of the shopping center.
- Where's Westfield? // Business News New Jersey;03/29/99, Vol. 12 Issue 13, p2
Focuses on the New Jersey township of Westfield which has a problem with the Garden State Plaza's new name. Westfield America's earlier naming of the shopping center as the Westfield Shoppingtown Garden State Plaza, which has confused New Jersey residents.
- Westfield buys Horton Plaza, North County Fair. Grupe, Arthur S. // San Diego Business Journal;11/09/98, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p39
Announces the purchase of San Diego, California's Horton Plaza and North County Fair shopping centers by Westfield America Inc. from TrizecHahn Corp. Terms of the deal; Implications of the move for Westfield America; Other properties acquired by Westfield; Background information about Westfield.
- Will to get giant mall. Gallun, Alby // Crain's Chicago Business;7/10/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 28, p1
The article reports that Forest City Enterprises Inc., a Cleveland, Ohio-based real estate developer, has planned to build a massive shopping mall in fast-growing Will County, Illinois. Forest City Enterprises has signed contracts to buy about 225 acres in New Lenox, Illinois, where it would...
- The Mall at Stonecrest set to open in suburban Atlanta. Spires, Sheila W. // National Real Estate Investor;Aug2001, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p24
Reports the grand opening of The Mall at Stonecrest, a shopping center in Atlanta, Georgia. Partnership between Cadillac Fairview Corp. and Forest City Enterprises Inc.; Schedule of the opening of the mall; Number of tenants listed on the roster of The Mall at Stonecrest.
- A Mall By Any Other Name. Karlin, Beth // Shopping Center World;Feb2003, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p4
Focuses on the acquisitions of shopping centers by Westfield America Inc. in the U.S. Promotion of the area stores through a television advertisement; Rebranding of the shopping mall; Redevelopment of the stores.
- Mall Makeover. Jones, Jeanne Lang // National Real Estate Investor;Jan2007, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p14
The article reports on the reconstruction of the Westfield Southcenter shopping mall in Seattle, Washington by Westfield America Inc. The amount worth $200 million was paid by Westfield America to acquire the area. The project that is to be completed in 2009 will have a 1.7 million square feet...
- Playing the Name Game. // Retail Traffic;May2005, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p33
Reports that Westfield America Inc. has decided to stop attaching the Shoppingtown moniker to projects its opens starting May 2005 in the U.S. Permanency of Westfield Shoppingtown in the states.