Piercing the Gen Y Myths
- Corrigendum. // Genetics;10/1/2013, Vol. 195 Issue 2, p623
A correction to the article "Selection Against Demographic Stochasticity in Age-Structured Populations" that was published in volume 177 is presented.
- 65 and Older Population Growing Faster. // Qualified Remodeler;Mar2012, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p10
The article reports on the increase in the U.S. population for 65 and older which is considered as the largest in terms of size and percent of population based from the data of the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Gender-Specific Growth Patterns for Stature, Sitting Height and Limbs Length in Croatian Children and Youth (3 to 18 Years of Age). Zivicnjak, Miroslav; Narancic, Nina Smolej; Szirovicza, Lajos; Franke, Doris; Hrenovic, Jasna; Bišof, Vesna // Collegium Antropologicum;Jun2003, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p321
In a cross-sectional study of growth, 5,155 children (2,591 females, 2,564 males) from the town of Zagreb (Croatia) were measured. Four traits of linear dimensionality (stature, sitting height, arm and leg lengths) were studied in the age span of 3 to 18 years. A significant average annual...
- ON THE LINEARIZED STABILITY OF AGE-STRUCTURED MULTISPECIES POPULATIONS. Farkas, Jozsef Z. // Journal of Applied Mathematics;2006, p1
We consider a general nonlinear age-structured population model with n interacting species. We deduce the characteristic function in the form of a determinant of an n-by-n matrix. Then we formulate some biologically meaningful sufficient conditions for the stability (resp., instability) of...
- Portrait of the population by generation. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;10/10/2003, p3
Presents a three-pronged look at the generational portrait of Canada by the Ethnic Diversity Survey. Percentage of Canada's population over 14 years old comprising the first generation in 2002; Number of individuals who were half-Canadian, consisting the second generation; Estimate of people...
- COMING OF AGE IN CONSUMERDOM. Kennedy, David G. // American Demographics;Apr2004, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p14
Surveys the spending behavior of pre- and early adolescents in the U.S. Estimates released by MarketResearch.com; Influence of television advertising on their spending behavior; Impact of celebrity endorsements.
- Interim 2003-based national population projections for the United Kingdom and constituent countries. Shaw, Chris // Population Trends;Winter2004, Vol. 118, p6
The 2003-based national population projections, carried out by the Government Actuary in consultation with the Registrars General, and using essentially the same underlying assumptions as for the previous 2002-based projections, show the population of the United Kingdom rising from 59.6 million...
- Data conflicts in fishery models: incorporating hydroacoustic data into the Prince William Sound Pacific herring assessment model. Hulson, Peter-John F.; Miller, Sara E.; II, Terrance J. Quinn; Marty, Gary D.; Moffitt, Steven D.; Funk, Frederick // ICES Journal of Marine Science / Journal du Conseil;Jan2008, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p25
Hulson, P-J. F., Miller, S. E., Quinn, T. J. II, Marty, G. D., Moffitt, S. D., and Funk, F. 2008. Data conflicts in fishery models: incorporating hydroacoustic data into the Prince William Sound Pacific herring assessment model. â€“ ICES Journal of Marine Science, 65: 25â€“43. Data...
- Rates of increase in age-structured populations: a lesson from the European harbour seals. Härkönen, Tero; Harding, Karin C.; Heide-Jøgensen, Mads-Peter // Canadian Journal of Zoology;Sep2002, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p1498
Investigates the rates of increase in age-structured populations of European harbor seals. Estimation of the intrinsic rates of increase in natural populations; Importance of population growth rate parameters in population biology; Rates of increase for subsequent time intervals.