An Ounce of Prevention
- UNDER THEIR WATCH. Umlauf-Garneau, Elyse // Shopping Center World;Oct2002, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p60
Focuses on the monitor of shopping center security by security agencies in Illinois. Approach applied by Ron Graziano, employee of IPC International Corp. on mall management; Emphasis on customer service in maintenance of security in the mall by Jesse Mendoza; Level of security employed after...
- ICSC 'Not Buying' Column On Shopping Center Security. // National Real Estate Investor;Jul2003, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p8
Comments on the failure of shopping centers to impose security assessments of properties in the U.S. Employment of well-trained professional security staffs; Establishment of relationship with the Department of Homeland Security; Cooperation of federal law enforcement agencies.
- Members Battle County-Mandated Security Ordinance. // Shopping Centers Today;Oct2008, Vol. 29 Issue 10, Special section p1
The article reports on the battle of International Council of Shopping Centers Inc. (ICSC) members in Florida from the measure proposal of Boward Country Board of Commissioners that mandates a 24/7 monitoring of all country retail establishments' parking areas by security camera video systems....
- Questions on security, minimum wage. Ober, David // Value Retail News;Mar2007, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p29
The author discusses the issue of security and minimum wage in the shopping center industry in the U.S. He said that the cost of security measures versus their effectiveness in the outlet setting should be questioned. He noted that the founders of this industry included patrolling security...
- Baxall on patrol in Pontefract. // International Fire & Security Product News;Aug2003, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p36
Reports on the security cameras installed by Quadrant at Pontefract town center in Yorkshire, England. Features of the camera.
- Customer Confidence. Mesenbrink, John // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug2000, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p14
Focuses on the installation of retail security systems at the Westside Pavilion shopping center by estate owner Macerich Company in West Los Angeles, California. Importance of security systems in gaining consumer confidence; Public reaction to the installed security systems; Overview of the...
- Introduction. Greene, Donald H. // Shopping Center Security;2005, pxv
An introduction of the January 2005 issue of the book "Shopping Center Security: Perception and Reality" is presented.
- Popular Tourist Destination Has a New Look on Safety. Engebretson, Joan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2009, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p77
The article reports on the upgrade of video surveillance system at Universal CityWalk, Universal City, California. It discusses how the management prepared the plans for upgrading the system. Finally, the technology was installed by Climatec Building Technologies Group at a new Security Command...
- Merchants look at secure issues. Hunt, Gail // Builders Merchants Journal;Nov2006, p29
The article shares information on how to implement safety measures among merchant business establishments in Great Britain. It states that some of the merchants did not put emphasis on security measures hence, it was found that each merchant has lost over Â£100 million worth of business every...