Outlet Centers Thrive in Retail Sales Slump
- Bullish on outlets. HUMPHERS, LINDA // Value Retail News;Apr2010, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p8
The article discusses the situation in the retail outlet market in the U.S. as of April 1, 2010. According to Tanger Factory Outlet Centers president and chief executive officer (CEO) Steven B. Tanger, they have performed well during the crisis and they have unlimited access to capital. It also...
- CATCHING UP ON CANADA. // Value Retail News;Aug2012, p8
This section offers news briefs on 2012 retail outlet activity in Canada. Tanger and RioCan formed a partnership with Orlando Corp. to develop a 312,000-square-foot Tanger Outlet Center at Orlando's Heartland Town Centre. Simon and Calloway have partnered with SmartCentres to develop Montreal...
- REITs reinforce outlet positions. MAMMARELLA, JAMES // Value Retail News;Sep2015, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p24
The article focuses on the support of real estate investment trusts (REITs) for outlet centers. Topics discussed include Tanger Factory Outlet Centers president Steven B. Tanger claimed that the launch of 4 centers in 2015 resulted into a 10 percent growth in phase 1 gross leasable area (GLA),...
- Simon, Calloway to Start Construction on Canadian Outlet Center. // Retail Traffic Exclusive Insight;4/13/2012, p1
The article provides updates in outlet centers in North America. Simon Property Group Inc. and Calloway Real Estate Investment Trust will start construction on Toronto Premium Outlets of an outlet center in Halton Hills, Ontario. Tanger Factory Outlets, Orlando Corp., and RioCan Real Estate...
- Tanger Outlets plans new mall in North Carolina. // Corridor Business Journal;10/29/2012, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p23
The article informs that Tanger Factory Outlet Centers Inc. has announced to develop an outlet stores in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Tanger top outlet in country. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/19/99, Vol. 46 Issue 47, p25A
Reports that the Greensboro, North Carolina-based Outlet Retail Merchants Association named the Tanger Outlet Center in Long Island, New York, as the group's top outlet store in the United States for the year 1999.
- Countdown to opening; Tanger Outlets Memphis Friday, Nov. 20. // Value Retail News;Dec2015, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p68
The article reports the scheduled opening of the Tanger Outlets Memphis in Memphis, Tennessee on November 20, 2015, with such tenants as Auntie Anne's Pretzel Perfect, Lucky Brand Jeans, and Off Broadway Shoe Warehouse.
- U.S. Outlet Center and Owners Report. Humphers, Linda // Value Retail News;Nov2009, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p8
The article announces that inspite of the economic crisis, total outlet center gross leasable area (GLA) increased by 1.6 million square feet during the period covering April 1, 2008 until August 1, 2009. Reason for the growth was due to eight center openings and several building expansions...
- Tanger-RioCan open in Canada's capital. MAMMARELLA, JAMES // Value Retail News;Dec2014, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p28
The article focuses on the October 16, 2014 opening of the Tanger Outlets Ottawa by RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) and Tanger Factory Outlet Centers in Kanata near Palladium Drive. Topics covered include store features including the Family Fun Zone with an ice rink and the Canadian...