Top Pedigree wins the show
- Masterfoods set to kit out posh pets. Mason, Tania // Marketing (00253650);5/23/2002, p7
Reports on the transformation of the premium pet food brands of Masterfoods into luxury pet brands in Europe. Inclusion of designer pet accessories; Commencement of the luxury repositioning in France; Packaging of the products with contemporary labels.
- Pet food makers look beyond the dog bowl. Charles, Gemma // Marketing Week;5/9/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p20
Focuses on the status of pet food market in Great Britain. Marketing strategy of Masterfoods U.K. for profitability in lucrative pet insurance market; Segmentation of pet food market; Stability of Whiskas and Pedigree in the market.
- Children's book pushes Pedigree. dog charity. // Marketing Week;9/3/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 36, p9
The article reports on the plan of Pedigree, the Mars-owned pet food brand, to publish a book for children to promote its Pedigree Adoption Drive charity.
- Whiskas ad offers a whole new perspective on catfood. McLuhan, Robert // Marketing (00253650);7/22/1999, p20
Describes the television commercial created by M&C Saatchi for Whiskas Supermeat, a brand owned by Mars' Pedigree Pet Foods. Images and tag line; Appeal to pet owners; Process of making the commercial.
- Mars Petcare baut Produktion aus. Tietze, Iris // Lebensmittel Zeitung;5/10/2013, Issue 19, p0012
The expansion of the German pet food company Mars Petcare is announced.
- Mother wins Mars agency roster slot. Hall, Emma // Campaign;06/09/2000, Issue 23, p1
Reports that Mother will handle the launch of pan-European pet-food brand for Pedigree Masterfoods of Mars. Comments of Ric Simcock, the European brand development director at Pedigree, on the reasons why the company chose Mother as its advertising agency; Other clients of Mother.
- BBDO scratches cloying image; Sheba sales purr. Anhalt, Karen Nickel // Advertising Age International;Oct97, pA12
Reports on Pedigree Pet Foods' advertising campaign for its Sheba brand of cat food in Europe. Features of the advertisements created by Grey Advertising Inc.; Theme of the advertising campaign; Challenges in promoting the product.
- EC approves Mars takeover of Royal Canin petfood company. Meller, Paul // Marketing Week;2/21/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p7
Reports the acquisition of Royal Canin Co. by Mars, producer of mass-market petfood brands in Europe. Demand of European Commission on the sale of five petfood brands; Cost of two production plants of petfood; Company operation of Royal Canin.
- Whiskas. Clark, Nicola // Marketing (00253650);9/7/2005, p24
This article reports that Whiskas Supermeat position as a leading player in the pet food market is undeniable, but the growth of premium products and fresh formats has taken its toll on the market stalwart. Its cat food has been around in cans since 1958 and has long been Great Britain's...