A battle of the brands
- What value the family for 90s' marketers? Michalczyk, Imelda // Marketing (00253650);9/9/1999, p13
Reports on agency Brooke Bond's decision to pull out its family-themed advertisements. Debate about the fate of family life in advertisements; Creation of the fictional Oxo family for the advertisements by agency J. Walter Thompson; Description of the advertisements.
- Tea in a can. // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);01/19/98 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 131 Issue 3, p6
Reports on British tea company Brooke Bond's offer of tea in cans. Price; Availability; Storage in heated cabinets.
- PG Tips reclaims number one position with pyramid teabag. // Marketing Week;4/22/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p9
Reveals that Brooke Bond Tea Co.'s PG Tips pyramid teabags has claimed brand leadership in the standard teabag market in Great Britain. Percentage of PG brand's volume share in the teabag market.
- PG gives 'thirst aid' to runners. // Marketing Event;May2000, p8
Focuses on the thirst aid campaign of PC Tips for Brooke Bond. How the campaign was conducted.
- Brandfame PG Tips. // Marketing (00253650);9/21/2005 Supplement, Special section p37
This article presents information about the advertising campaigns of the tea brand PG, launched by Brooke Bond Tea Co. PG was the first tea brand to exploit the medium of TV advertising, and the impact was almost instant. In the two years following its first advertisement, the Brooke Bond brand...
- Tips on tasting tea. Hunt, Gail // Food Manufacture;Aug2005, Vol. 80 Issue 8, p26
Presents an interview with Brian MacAuley, head of the European Tea Hub for Unilever Foods in Crawley, England. Work experience of the executive as a tea trader at Brooke Bond Tea Co.; Involvement of MacAuley in buying all the tea for the Unilever factors across Europe; Challenges faced in his job.
- CafÃ©direct raises the bar in ethical standards. // Vending International;Sep2007, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p26
The article evaluates the CafÃ©direct Fairtrade hot drinks from CafÃ©direct PLC.
- CafÃ©direct to revamp brand. // Marketing (00253650);4/15/2009, p3
The article evaluates the Fairtrade Foundation-accredited tea and coffee lines from CafÃ©direct.
- Earl Grey alternative. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/22/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 4464, p153
The article features the Teadirect brand from Cafedirect, which uses a bergamot oil-scented black tea sourced from Sri Lankan grower Kelliewatte.