- Booming regional press proves that old news can be good news. Douglas, Torin // Marketing Week (01419285);01/29/98, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p21
States that regional newspapers are being overlooked by most media executives who are readily attracted to the glamours image of digital media. Indication that Lord Hollick's United News and Media will be selling its regional papers; Circumstances surrounding this move; Indication that regional...
- Color-copier expert lands digital printing award. T.M. // Computer Artist;Dec96/Jan97, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p7
Reports that Steven Csorba has been awarded the prestigious Best of Digital Printing Award by the Printing Industries of America. Technology used on Csorba's `The Fine Art History of Notre Dame Football'.
- The long and short of it. Vinocur, Michael D. // American Printer;Feb97, Vol. 218 Issue 5, p28
Discloses reasons for commercial printers' use of digital printing technology. Image problems arising from traditional printing; Acceptance of digital printing from direct sale clients; Embracing digital printing to feed niche applications; Business success associated with digital printing.
- Controlling digital color. Crim, Elias // American Printer;Nov97, Vol. 220 Issue 2, p26
Focuses on techniques used by printers to control the quality of color produced by digital printing presses. Creation of test files to compare the variety of colors produced; Prelaunching of workflow analysis. INSET: How to make a good (paper) fit..
- Pira Studies Digital Printing in Europe. Walter, Mark // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;8/6/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p36
Focuses on a study by Pira, which dealt with digital printing in Europe. Major concerns of users; Commercial printers' struggle to adapt their businesses to take advantage of the technology; Results of study titled 'The Future of Digital Printing for Commercial Markets in Europe'; Growth...
- Digital printing to get SIC code. // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;12/23/96, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p27
Anticipates the adoption of a specific Standard Industrial Classification code for the digital printing industry in 1997.
- Digital printing systems. // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;08/18/97, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p34
Reports on the installation of digital printing systems. Quebecor Printing's purchase order for its third Cortron Digital PageStripper computer-to-plate system; Increase in sales of Indigo's E-Print 1000+ printers; Heidelberg USA's installation of Quickmaster at various sites.
- Other digital press demonstrations. Alexander, George; Drennan, Bill; Edwards, Stephen E. // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;05/29/98, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p11
Looks at digital press demonstrations which took place at the On Demand Digital Printing and Publishing exposition, while highlighting the Digital Express service and E-Print 1000 TurboStream. Who was responsible for developing these products; Features of the products; Advantages of using the...
- The new world of printing. Reny, Steven A.; Woonteiler, Gary // Your Church;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p50
Discusses digital printing technology for use by churches and religious organizations. Advantages of copying and offset printing; Factors behind the move to digital printing for business.