Cable & Wireless lifts profile
- C&W returns to the fray with new licenses. Clark, Robert // Telecom Asia;Jun2002, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p16
Focuses on the management of the Internet protocol provider Cable & Wireless Inc. in the Asia. Company operation; Stability of the company; Company history.
- C&W launches IP-VPN QoS solution for Asia. // Telecom Asia;May2003, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p32
Reports on Cable & Wireless' expansion of its Internet protocol (IP)-virtual private network (VPN) QoS solution to the Asia-Pacific region. Service connectivity; Features of the QoS technology.
- C&W plots global mobile branding. Day, Julia // Marketing Week;10/8/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p9
Discusses the plan of Cable & Wireless (C&W) to develop a global brand identity for its mobile telecommunication business worldwide. Comments from Graeme Oxby, C&W Mobile global marketing director; Aim of the company; Percentage of mobile phone operator One-2-One that is owned by C&W; Services...
- C&W broadens U.S. pullout. // Network World;6/9/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p6
Reports on international telecommunication service provider Cable & Wireless Inc.'s decision to exit the United States market.
- Cable & Wireless to spend millions to improve Internet. Sykes, Rebecca // InfoWorld;04/12/99, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p12
Reports on the plan of Cable & Wireless USA to invest in the construction of a United States Internet network. Details on the network; Information on its construction.
- C&W hangs up on its voice, frame and ATM customers. Martin, Michael // Network World;06/24/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 25, p39
Reports on the decision of Cable & Wireless to exit in the domestic voice, frame relay and the asynchronous transfer mode markets. Action taken by the company to minimize customer inconvenience; Reasons for the failure of the company in the market; Services offered by the company in the North...
- C&W customers urged to look for alternatives. Adshead, Antony // Computer Weekly;12/12/2002, p3
Reports on the advise of Cable & Wireless Inc. to its customers to look for alternative telecom providers. Factors that led to the advise of the company to its clients; Uncertainty in the company's future; Risk for the customers in terms of long-term service sustainability.
- CABLE & WIRELESS HIPTOP LAUNCHES IN CAYMAN ISLANDS. // Worldwide Telecom;Jan2004, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the launching of Cable & Wireless hiptop, an all-in-one mobile phone, in the Cayman Islands by Danger and Cable & Wireless as of January 2004.
- Keep it in the family. McClune, Emma // Total Telecom Magazine;May2003, p26
Reports on the management buyouts (MBO) of the customer base of Cable & Wireless in Europe. Terms under the agreement between IP-eYe BV and Cable & Wireless; Plans of the company to use MBO in other European markets; Services offered by IP-eYe.