FMCC giants to celebrate NHS
- 50 years with the NHS. // Marketing Event;Jul/Aug98, p6
Deals with the Ideal Health Show at Olympia, the 50th anniversary celebration of Great Britain's National Health Service in 1998. Participants; Account of related show; Highlights of the event.
- Update. // Journal of Holistic Healthcare;May2012, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p3
The article offers news briefs related to medical care in Great Britain. The University of Huddersfield and the healthcare charity Patients Association have partnered to conduct research on care for elderly people. The British National Health Service (NHS) is facing shortage of nurses for the...
- NHS Expo Conference 2014: Medical records - Hunt makes 2015 patient data pledge. Roberts, Neil // GP: General Practitioner;3/17/2014, p28
The article discusses the pledge by Secretary of State for Health Jeremy Hunt to make electronic general practice records available to patients in England in April 2015. Hunt said during the National Health Service (NHS) England's Innovation Expo held in Manchester in March 2014 that patients...
- in Brief. // British Journal of Perioperative Nursing;Sept2004, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p373
Reports development related to medical care in Great Britain as of September 2004. Highlights of the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Expo; Eye operations brought by a private firm in Cumbria, England; Evaluation of the National Health Service in treating people who have had heart attacks.
- Doctor know. Rowland, Hilary; Harris, Lynn // People Management;03/05/98, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p50
Discusses an attempt of the British National Health Service (NHS) to improve research and information management operations within the agency. Features required for development of knowledge management program; Technique used by clinical audit coordinator Jilly Alexander.
- Notes from the editor. // Monthly Review: An Independent Socialist Magazine;Sep98, Vol. 50 Issue 4, preceding p1
Comments on the 50th anniversary of the National Health Service (NHS) in Great Britain. Debates about the NHS in the United States; Creation of culture among health care providers unrecognizable in the US; Achievements under the NHS.
- Trouble in Thatcherland. Gelb, N. // New Leader;3/20/89, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p6
Discusses the future of Britain's National Health Service (NHS) under reforms proposed by Health Minister Kenneth Clarke. Opposition of the British Medical Association (BMA) to the government's NHS plans.
- No ill-gotten gains. Laurance, J. // New Statesman & Society;3/22/91, Vol. 4 Issue 143, p21
Reports that England's Health Secretary William Waldegrave is repackaging the National Health Service's (NHS) reforms, and profit, it seems, is now a dirty word. Need to make choices about priorities; Principal aims of the reforms; Incentive to provide more health care; Consequences of...
- Flexible friends. Laurance, J. // New Statesman & Society;3/22/91, Vol. 4 Issue 143, p22
Highlights England's Labour party's plans for National Health Services (NHS) spending noting that it has become too rooted in repair service instead of building a healthy population. Affordability and feasibility; Spokesperson for the Labour party, Robin Cook; More.