Dome sponsor boost
- Q&A. // Marketing Event;Oct99, p23
Answers some questions related to exhibitions and events. Licensing laws governing the use of design icons such as Vespa and Christine Keeler chair; Use of Millennium Dome for corporate events in mid-2000.
- Under one roof. Stephens, Suzanne // Architectural Record;Dec1999, Vol. 187 Issue 12, p78
Discusses the design of exhibition zones inside the Millennium Dome in London England. Pie-wedge arrangement centered around a central arena; Sculptural spiraling form for the `Shared Ground' exhibition zone; Abstracted form of the Body Zone; Steel-structured Mind Zone.
- Dome sparks a banner year. // Marketing (00253650);6/29/2000, p42
Analyzes the performance of design agencies handling exhibitions and events in Great Britain in 1999. Ranking of agencies by 1999 revenue; Domination of designers involved in events held at the Millennium Dome in London, England; Disappointing performance of HP:ICM.
- Lack of clear vision turns Dome experience into poor spectacle. Higham, Nick // Marketing Week;1/6/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p21
Argues that organizers of the exhibition hall called The Millennium Dome in Greenwich, England, should have decided its purpose in the early planning stages to create a more inspiring experience for visitors. Various attractions in the area; Facility as not living up to expectations; Problems...
- Delay threat to Dome sell-off. // Marketing Event;Feb2001, p13
Provides information on the proposal to auction the exhibits at the Millennium Dome in London, England. Details on the plan of Legacy company to purchase the exhibition building; Estimated cost of the building in the bidding process.
- STORY LINES. Rines, Simon // Marketing Week;4/6/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p57
Reports on exhibition strategies by live event specialists in Great Britain. Design of Millennium Dome zones by specialists, such as Imagination, Park Avenue, HP:ICM and Caribbean; Design of Ford's Journey Zone by Imagination; Design of the Body Zone by HP:ICM; Design of a yachtsman's show by...
- Exploring the mind in the Millennium Dome. Loder, Natasha // Nature;12/3/1998, Vol. 396 Issue 6710, p401
Describes part of the planned Millennium Dome in Greenwich, England. Details about the Mind zone; Other exhibition zones; Expected number of visitors.
- Briefs. // Marketing Event;Oct99, p10
Presents news briefs related to exhibition organizers in England as of October 1999. Tickets sold for the Millennium Dome; Rescheduling of the Total Publishing show of Quantum Exhibitions company.
- the dome. Leapman, Michael // New Statesman;12/25/2000, Vol. 129 Issue 4518, p18
Discusses the failure of the Millennium Dome project of Great Britain, an attempt to provide the country a national symbol for the millennium. Comparison of the Dome project with that of the Great Exhibition of 1851; Descriptions of several zones of the Dome; Reasons behind the failure of the Dome.