Philips' double battery push
- Gary Butler. Cook, Alyson // Marketing Event;May98, p23
Interviews Gary Butler, general manager for batteries at Philips Lighting UK, about the launch campaign for the company's Powerlife battery. Information on the Philips Powerlife roadshow; Difference between Powerlife and Duracell batteries; Theme of the campaign. INSET: Market facts.
- Energy efficient lighting ideas. // Accountancy;Aug1986, Vol. 98 Issue 1116, p129
Reports that Philips Lighting has launched the Lighting Management Service in Great Britain.
- Glow bug. East, Roger // Green Futures;Apr2012, Issue 84, p5
The article reports that researchers at consumer electronics company Philips Electronics NV are working on the 'bio-light' design concept, based on the possibilities of bioluminescence.
- New listening experience for Android users. // NZ Business;Feb2013, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p56
The article offers information on the Philips FlexiDock for Android users.
- Philips eyes promos, ad boost for branding push. Elkin, Tobi; Stanley, T.L. // Brandweek;01/12/98, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p45
Looks at the future endeavors of Philips Consumer Electronics in relation to the increase advertising spending and promotional activity, namely via music and entertainment tie-ins. Estimated amount which Philips spent in 1997 in support of its electronics lines; Comments from Ed Volkwein, evp...
- Philips make loss. // Housewares;Apr93, Issue 97, p3
Reports on the profit loss of the Dutch electronics group Philips for the year 1992. Recession in the market for consumer electronics; Provisions for a round of restructuring; Amount of net loss; Expected flat sales for 1993.
- Philips net sparked by semicon markets. // Electronic News;8/9/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1975, p18
Reports on the increase in profits of Philips Electronics NV for the first half of 1993 due to income from the sale of stake in Matsushita Electronics Corp. to Matsushita Electric Industrial. Net income for the second quarter of 1993; Reorganization of operations; Decline in consumer electronic...
- Philips Consumer to sell plant in Tenn., lay off 2,000 workers. Goldsberry, Clare // Plastics News;11/18/1996, Vol. 8 Issue 38, p3
Reports on the sale of Philips Consumer Electronics Company's Greenville, Tennessee manufacturing facilities, which includes its injection molding plant. Plans of the firm to layoff 2,000 employees; Details on when the mass layoff will start; Comments from Philips' spokesman Jayson Hill.
- Philips rolls out CD ROM drives, multimedia player, CD recorder. Schroeder, Erica // PC Week;2/1/93, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p26
Reports on Philips Consumer Electronics Co.'s unveiling of several compact-disc (CD) products. CDI 350 multimedia player; CDD 521GN desktop CD recorder; RapidReader series of double-speed SCSI (Small Computer System Interface) CD ROM (read-only memory) drives; Features; Prices; Contact information.