Budget 98 responses
- The new president's promises. // Accountancy;Dec1997, Vol. 120 Issue 1252, p25
Reports on details of Individual Savings Accounts announced by Chancellor Gordon Brown in his July 1997 Budget. Primary objective of the accounts; Tax breaks offered.
- The year 2000 problem - what problem? McCrae, Julian; Taylor, Jayne // Accountancy;Jan1998, Vol. 121 Issue 1253, p52
Reports on Chancellor Gordon Brown's budget proposal in Great Britain for 1999. Degree of openness in the budgetary process; Control of interest rates. INSET: WHAT THE CIRCULARS SAY..
- Will brown listen? Turpin, Andrew; Percival-Straunik, Lindsay // Director (00123242);Jan1998, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p23
Focuses on Chancellor Gordon Brown, Green Budget proposal which hasn't received a good response from small and medium sized firms. When the proposal was announced; What the Green Budget implements; Comments from Brown.
- Offering a helping hand with chid care. Finn, Widget; Percival-Straunik, Lindsay // Director (00123242);Jan1998, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p23
Focuses on Chancellor Gordon Brown, Green Budget proposal which includes a investment in after-school childcare provision. How parents will benefit from the budget provisions; Comments from policy advisor at the Institute of Personnel and Development, Angela Baron.
- Brown sugar. Jacobs, Ilan // Money Marketing;4/24/2003, p44
Comments on the Budget reported by Great Britain's Chancellor Gordon Brown. View that the country is capable of weathering economic storms; Rule on maximum debt; Regional policy, employment and housing market; Setting of date for the announcement of five economic tests for the euro.
- Brown's budget for poor aids retailers. O'Sullivan, Tom // Marketing Week (01419285);3/19/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p10
Presents information on Gordon Brown's budget, for poor aids retailers in Great Britain. Reference to Individual Savings Accounts (ISAs); Comments from British Retail Consortium (BRC) economist Pamela Webber; Indepth look at Brown's budget. INSETS: Motor sector studies the `small print';Budget...
- Budget date announced. // Accountancy;Apr2003, Vol. 131 Issue 1316, p103
Reports on the announcement of the date for the 2003 Budget by Chancellor Gordon Brown in Great Britain.
- After prudence, what next? // Public Finance;03/20/98, p12
Presents information on Gordon Brown's first full budget. Description of British economy; How Brown described his Budget; budget offered by Brown for health, school and transport.
- Stewart Fleming. Fleming, Stewart // New Statesman;03/20/98, Vol. 127 Issue 4377, p13
Presents different views regarding the Budget presented by Chancellor Gordon Brown in the House of Commons. Contents of the letter sent by Martin Taylor, chief executive of Barclays Bank; Problem on the modernization of the British economy.