THE EFFECTIVENESS OF A FEMALE CONDOM INTERVENTION ON WOMEN'S USE OF CONDOMS
- Effect of an STD/HIV Behavioral Intervention on Women's Use of the Female Condom. Van Devanter, Nancy; Gonzales, Virginia; Merzel, Cheryl; Parikh, Nina S.; Celantano, David; Greenberg, Judith // American Journal of Public Health;Jan2002, Vol. 92 Issue 1, p109
Objectives. This study assessed the effectiveness of a sexually transmitted disease (STD)/HIV behavior change intervention in increasing women's use of the female condom. Methods. A total of 604 women at high risk for STDs and HIV in New York City, Baltimore, Md, and Seattle, Wash, enrolled in...
- Nonsupportive Peer Norms and Incarceration as HIV Risk Correlates for Young Black Men who have Sex with Men. Jones, Kenneth T.; Johnson, Wayne D.; Wheeler, Darrell P.; Gray, Phyllis; Foust, Evelyn; Gaiter, Juarlyn // AIDS & Behavior;Jan2008, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p41
Black men who have sex with men (BMSM) are at considerable risk for HIV infection. A convenience sample of BMSM ( n = 252) attending nightclubs in three North Carolina cities was surveyed to investigate factors associated with unprotected anal intercourse (UAI). About 45% reported UAI in the...
- SEX SENSE. Walsh, Noel // Gay Community News;Oct2006, Issue 202, p24
The article stresses the importance of safe sex and encourages gay men to protect themselves to avoid the pain and hassle of having the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV). It relates that coping up with the incurable illness is not that easy and that one needs to deal with the discrimination...
- New female condom clears FDA committee. // AIDS Alert;Apr2009, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p42
The article reports that the use of FC2 condom, a female condom, can reduce HIV transmission risk by 90 %, but failed to impress American women due to its high manufacturing cost.
- How safe is safe sex? Whetstone, Muriel L. // Ebony;Jul1994, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p96
Discusses what safe sex is and how safe it really is. Comment by US Surgeon General Joycelyn Elders; HIV, the virus that causes AIDS; Discussion of male and female condoms.
- HIV: Identity of CAF revealed. Minton, Kirsty // Nature Reviews Immunology;Dec2002, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p904
Discusses studies on CD8 antiviral factor (CAF). Role of CAF in HIV-infected people; Identification of human Î±-defensins 1, 2 and 3 in CAF; Factors contributing to the antiviral activity of CAF.
- Endurance training. Moritz, Robert // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Dec98, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p218
Discusses how a man can improve his sexual stamina. Getting healthy; Practicing various ejaculation-specific exercises; Learning how to control the intensity of the sexual stimuli; Benefits of a positive mental attitude.
- Prevalence and Correlates of Heterosexual Anal and Oral Sex in Adolescents and Adults in the United States. Leichliter, Jami S.; Chandra, Anjani; Liddon, Nicole; Fenton, Kevin A.; Aral, Sevgi O. // Journal of Infectious Diseases;12/15/2007, Vol. 196 Issue 12, p1852
Background. Heterosexual anal and oral sex are related to the acquisition of sexually transmitted infections, including human immunodeficiency virus infection. We examined the correlates of heterosexual anal and oral sex in the general population, using data from the National Survey of Family...
- you ask experts answer. // Cleo;Jun2005, Issue 392, p95
Answers several questions about the vagina. Normality of different labia size; Reasons behind the swelling of labia after sexual intercourse; Acquisition of a yeast infection from a female condom.