Selecting Solder Mask Material
- Selective Soldering --- Options and Opportunities. Schlessmann, Heike // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Feb2004, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p60
No abstract available.
- Requirements for Implementation of Lead-free Soldering. Barbini, Denis // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Apr2004, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p52
Delves into the issue of implementing a lead-free process for electronic assembly. Identification of the soldering process as the core of lead-free implementation and assembly; Factors identified for process development; Discussion of the four critical aspects of the reflow process.
- Hewlett-Packard shares lead free soldering technology. Martinez, Marialba // Caribbean Business;11/21/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 47, p16
Reports on the discovery of a lead-free, low temperature soldering process for use in the electronics industry in Puerto Rico. Government's investment in the Hewlett-Packard research and development technology center; Center's main objective of researching and developing products and...
- Designing for ROHS: Select the right lead-free-connector design for heat-sensitive applications. BRINKMAN, DON // EDN;3/5/2009, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p40
The article discusses the advantages of lead-free connectors against their lead-containing counterparts, especially in terms of reliability and performances in heat-sensitive application. Lead-free solders usually require higher liquidous temperature, estimated at 30-35Â°C. Higher temperature...
- Measurement Variation in PIHR Pb-Free Solder Joints. Bernard, David; Willis, Bob // Circuits Assembly;Mar2006, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p54
The article presents the results of a study on measurement variation in pin-in-hole reflow (PIHR) lead-free solder joints. X-ray inspection offers a way of nondestructively investigating the PIHR joints and permits the fill percentage of these joints to be calculated. Achieving this at an...
- Under Bump Metallurgy for Lead-free Solder. O'Donnell, Kathy // Advanced Packaging;Nov2004 Supplement, Vol. 13, p21
Focuses on the use of under bump metallurgy (UBM) for lead-free solder now that the lead-free legislation in Japan, Europe and U.S. are calling for the elimination of lead from all electronic products. Composition of the UBM; Discussion of the adhesion and diffusion barrier layer; Explanation of...
- Using wet chemistry for etching under-bump metal. Beret, Marvin; Solomon, Gary // Solid State Technology;Oct2001, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p89
Focuses on the application of wet chemistry in under-bump metal (UBM) etching process. Differences between UBM etch and solder paste process flow; Details on the UBM technology; Principal difficulty in UBM etching with solder as the mask.
- Design as you solder. // Plumbing & Mechanical;Apr2011, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p20
In this article, the readers are urged to send answers to the questions related to radiant and hydronic systems' schematic layout which will be published in the electronic edition of the journal.
- Evolving Profile Requirements. Hall, W. James // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Feb2005, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p68
Reports on the challenges to reflow soldering process development for lead-free assembly. Significance of the size of process windows with peak reflow temperatures because of material temperature limits and reduced wetting characteristics of lead-free alloys; Reconfiguration of zone temperature...