Sanmina-SCI, Fujitsu Microelectronics Establish Strategic Relationship
- Biometric sensor and preboot software lock down laptops. Wright, Maury // EDN;9/1/2006, Vol. 51 Issue 18, p19
The article reports on the development of the MBF 320 biometric sensor from Fujitsu Microelectronics. The company, together with partners Phoenix Technologies and Cogent Systems, is offering a fingerprint sensor that is active before a computer's operating system boots. The device operates at...
- Chip and comms firms team up for broadband WiMAX proposal. // Electronics Weekly;5/26/2004, Issue 2148, p4
Fujitsu Microelectronics America Inc. and broadband wireless communications specialist Wi-LAN Inc. have joined together with the ambition of producing the very first certified WiMAX broadband wireless system. WiMAX certified equipment is expected to have a range of 50km without needing...
- WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE. Spiegel, Robert // Design News;3/3/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p109
Features the MBF 300 Fingerprint Sweepsensor biometric capacitance sensing device from Fujitsu Microelectronics America Inc. Key Features; Problems experienced in fingerprint recognition; Advantages of the MBF 300 over other fingerprint sensors. INSET: The Contest.
- The First WiMAX Certified Broadband Wireless System Is On The Drawing Board. // Microwaves & RF;Jun2004, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p26
Reports on the partnership between Fujitsu Microelectronics America Inc., a global application-specific integrated circuit and semiconductor-solutions provider, and Wi-LAN Inc., a global provider of broadband wireless-communications products and technologies, to produce the WiMAX Certified...
- Fujitsu sets $1B Oregon fab growth. Hardie, Crista // Electronic News (10616624);7/31/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2076, p1
Reports that Fujitsu Microelectronics, Inc. will invest $1 billion for a new 16Mbit dynamic random access memory (DRAM) wafer fabrication facility in Gresham, Oregon at a facility that should reach full production by early 1997. Details of the planned expansion; The percentage of the memory...
- Year Later, Sanmina Revives Viking. Simons, Andrew // Orange County Business Journal;10/27/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 43, p1
Reports on the recovery of Rancho Santa Margarita, California-based Viking Interworks after its merger with San Jose, California-based electronics maker Sanmina-SCI Corp. Sales performance of Viking; Performance of Sanmina shares; Expansion plans of Viking.
- SANMINA-SCI ADDS OAK-MITSUI TO LIST OF LICENSED SUPPLIERS. // Electro Manufacturing;May2003, p1
Sanmina-SCI Corp., the San Jose, Caliornia-based leading global electronics contract manufacturer and high-performance printed circuit board fabricator, has announced that Hoosick Falls, New York-based Oak-Mitsui Technologies has signed a worldwide licensing agreement to manufacture and market...
- Sweeping for Prints. R.J.B. // Appliance Manufacturer;May2003, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p26
Features the Fujitsu MBF300 fingerprint sweep sensor from Fujitsu Microelectronics America in the U.S. Role of the proprietary software driver of the company in assembling the scanned data into a high-resolution image of the fingerprint; Power consumption feature of the product; Use of the...
- Fingerprint scanner sweeps PDA and handset market. Cravotta, Nicholas; Granville, Fran // EDN;10/02/2003, Vol. 48 Issue 22, p21
Evaluates the MBF310 capacitive fingerprint Sweep Sensor from Fujitsu Microelectronics America. Comparison of the design of swipe or sweep fingerprint scanners with full-image scanners; Way in which the sensor is packaged; Incorporation of an auto-finger-detection feature in the sensor.