PPM Monitoring Project Examines Assembly Yields
- Manufacturers agree to industry code of best practice. // Electronics Weekly;10/31/2007, Issue 2310, p1
The article reports that a business benchmarking practice for electronics manufacturers has been launched by the British industry association Intellect. The code of practice for electronic manufacturing services companies is intended to provide a benchmark for the industry, so that manufacturers...
- DPMO Analysis Implementation. De Tino, Ursula Marquez // Circuits Assembly;May2008, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p38
The article focuses on calculating the defects per million opportunities (DPMO) values in electronic manufacturing. The impact of defects on costs is explained. The 2002 iNEMI Roadmap specified cost reduction in the cost per input/output of each electronics assembly over time. The Defect per...
- Top performers add value with the best people, processes and productivity. // Works Management;Apr2010, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p6
The article reports that the Trends in Manufacturing report of Barclays Corporate reveals the changes British manufacturers and offers best practices that manufacturers can adopt in Great Britain.
- Measure up to the best. Wraige, Helen // Professional Engineering;5/1/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p32
Focuses on the advantages of benchmarking performance among the manufacturing industry in Great Britain. Formulation of internal targets; Implementation of lean manufacturing strategies; Increase of industrial productivity.
- Up to the mark. Gault, Terry // Professional Engineering;11/19/97, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p28
Discusses the concept of benchmarking in British industrial management. Status of the British manufacturing industry according to the Confederation of British Industry's (CBI) National Manufacturing Council report; Council's development of the Probe diagnostic self-assessment tool and...
- Measuring the performance. // Professional Engineering;09/22/99, Vol. 12 Issue 17, MX2000 p16
Focuses on efforts by the British government and manufacturing industry to promote the use of benchmarking, the concept of which is to develop a series of measures against which companies, industry sectors and whole economies can assess their own performance. Department of Trade and Industry's...
- Maintenance improvement opportunities and benchmarketing pratices in Australian manufacturing... Nayak, Bijay; Shayan, Ebrahim // Engineering Management Journal;Jun98, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p33
Provides information on a study concerning benchmarketing practices and maintenance improvement opportunities on manufacturing industry in Australia. Theoretical background of the study; Result; Conclusion.
- Cost and Time Benchmarking in Semiconductor Manufacturing Facilities Construction. Patel, Sachin; Chasey, Allan D. // Cost Engineering;Oct2005, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p10
Cost and schedule are two of the most critical aspects of a construction project challenging managers for constant improvement of delivery processes. The rapid pace with which the semiconductor industry is growing, cost and time of a semiconductor manufacturing become the key factors to the...
- Benchmarking: A New Tool for Custom Coaters. Dunnigan, Paula // Products Finishing;Nov98, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p64
Investigates manufacturing process benchmarking in the United States chemical industry. Definition of benchmarking; Information generated by benchmarking; Benefits of benchmarking; Importance of the comparison group.