Amateur exposes the bailout blunder of Merrill Lynch
- Amateurs can shoot it out for a classic good time. Thomas, John B. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/2/93, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p24A
Reports on the Merrill Lynch Amateur Shoot-Out at Eagle Creek Golf Course Indianapolis, Indiana on September 7, 1993. Shoot-out golf mechanics; Amateur semi-final schedule; Objectives of the amateur shoot-out.
- Money on the Bears. NAJARIAN, PETE; NAJARIAN, JON // Equities;Oct2008, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p10
The article focuses on the financial status of investment banks Lehman Brothers and Merrill Lynch as they seek for the next bailout following a U.S. government's bailout of Bear Stearns. According to the author, U.S. Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson did not approve a bailout for Lehman Brothers....
- Merrill Chief Thain Leaves B of A. // American Banker;1/23/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 15, p20
This article presents information about the resignation of John Thain as COO of Bank of America Corp. Thain, who brought about the purchase of Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc., was criticized after Bank of America was forced to seek more bailout money from the government after it suffered a $15.4...
- $400M for Korean Firm from Merrill. Bloomberg News // American Banker;12/21/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 243, p7
Reports that Merrill Lynch & Co. plans to buy $400 million of asset-backed securities from LG Card Co., South Korea's second-largest credit card company, which is seeking a bailout to avoid a collapse.
- Merrill Lynch Re-Shuffles. // Investment Management Weekly;9/30/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p1
Reports the corporate reorganization of Merrill Lynch in September 2002.
- Merrill Combines Institutional Groups. Philley, Alicia // Investment Management Weekly;05/01/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 18, p6
Reports that Merrill Lynch is consolidating its institutional asset management businesses under one name, Merrill Lynch Investment Managers.
- Merrill shuffles. // Crain's New York Business;07/21/97, Vol. 13 Issue 29, p54
Reports on the reorganization of the Merrill Lynch and Company's investment banking unit. How the banking unit was reorganized; Why Merrill Lynch reorganized.
- Merrill Lynch Unveils Holistic Wellness Program. Manganaro, John // Plan Advisor News;2014, p31
The article discusses the Merrill Lynch Clear wellness program from Merrill Lynch and outlines the features of the retirement program.
- Bailout Baloney - Banking. Scaliger, Charles // New American (08856540);3/1/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p19
The article discusses the implication of the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) in the U.S. It tackles the bailout of financial services in the country using the dollars of taxpayers including American International Group Inc. (AIG), Merrill Lynch & Co., and Washington Mutual Inc. Also...
- Are Agencies Setting Up a Citi Sequel? Adler, Joe; Hopkins, Cheyenne; Dobbs, Kevin; Kaper, Stacy // American Banker;1/16/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 11, p1
The article examines U.S. government policy towards the banks Citigroup Inc. and Bank of America. It is reported that regulatory agencies are pressuring Citigroup to divest itself of some operations in return for the $45 billion it has received in bailout funds since October, 2008. At the same...