Incidences of Student Support for and Resistance to a Curricular Innovation in High School Physical Education
- EDITORS' NOTE. McBride, Ron E.; Ping Xiang // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct2009, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p359
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on the relationship among body size discrepancy, self-efficacy, test anxiety and high school achievement, "Motivation Toward Physical Education Over One School Year," by Zan Gao, Amelia M. Lee and Melinda A....
- Where The Weightroom Meets The Classroom. Plisk, Steven Scott // Coach & Athletic Director;Aug2000, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p15
Compares the sports training of high school athletes in the United States and Eastern Europe.
- Moving Beyond the Crises in Secondary Physical Education: An Australian Initiative. Macdonald, Doune; Brooker, Ross // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan1997, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p155
Examines the crisis in secondary physical education (PE) in Australia. Background discussion on the crisis; Assessment of two PE programs; Pitfalls for secondary PE; Benefits of conceptualizing physical education.
- Editors' Note. Ping Xiang; Kulinna, Pamela Hodges // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2012, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p213
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the articles published within the journal, including "How School Social and Physical Environments relate to Autonomous Motivation in Physical Education: the Mediating Role of Need Satisfaction," "Urban High-School Girls'...
- Candy ain't dandy in this classroom. Daley, Michael J.; Kemper, Matthew // National Catholic Reporter;10/10/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 43, p23
Reports on the high school discussion about the notion of justice in the U.S. Complaints to aggression; Use of simulation game to illustrate international relationship; Call for peaceful alternative to war.
- Collinsville High School gets international flavor. Sanders, Ramona C. // Collinsville Herald;4/25/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 17, pA1
The article reports that Collinsville High School in Illinois has celebrated the 10th Global Festival providing opportunities for students to learn different countries and their culture.
- Comparative analysis of the common core of learning in American and Ukranian high schools. Kovyazina, E.P. // Education;Winter94, Vol. 115 Issue 2, p302
Compares the common core of learning in American and Ukrainian high schools. Levels of learning in American schools; Capability to learn a common academic core; Vocational differences.
- ANTHROPOMETRIC AND MOTRIC POTENTIAL OF HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS IN RÄ‚DÄ‚UÈšI TOWN. Leuciuc, Florin-Valentin; Benedek, Florian; Sobon, Jacek // Annals of the University Dunarea de Jos of Galati: Fascicle XV: ;2010, Issue 1, p73
Anthropometric and motric potential structure is dynamic, requiring careful research to determine its components and characteristics. After conducting this transverse experiment there has been found the real motric potential and anthropometric profile of high school students, and could thus...
- Just around the corner. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);8/2/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 31, p1
This section provides a photograph of Whitney High School freshmen during a football training under the supervision of head coach Andy Mills