Thin Films Seek a Solar Future
- Whistling in the Wind? Darmstadter, Joel // Brookings Review;Spring2002, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p36
Focuses on renewable energy sources in the U.S. Variants of solar energy; Evaluation of the economic performance of renewable energy sources; Importance of government support for renewable energy sources.
- These are dark days for solar energy. Mackin, Jeanne // Human Ecology;Summer91, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p31
Reports that the United States doesn't spend enough for research into renewable energy resources including solar power. Possible weakening of the economy and national security; Low cost of solar thermal energy in Third World countries; Complaints of politicians that solar energy needs subsidies.
- Investing in solar. Gerry, David // Natural Life;Mar/Apr98, Issue 60, p8
Discusses the advantage of investing in quality renewable energy systems as compared to RRSPs. Heating system with Thermomax solar collector and wood stove with coil; Value of the investment in renewable energy and RRSP; Environmental benefit in switching to renewable sources.
- Solar electricity: Pie in the sky gets a piece of the action. Kurtz, Sarah; Moon, Susan // Laser Focus World;Sep2003, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p59
Focuses on the benefits from the use of solar power. Cost competitiveness of solar energy; Consumer orientation; Uses for solar power.
- Prodigal sun. Allen, Arthur // Mother Jones;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p64
Surveys the thwarted promise of solar energy development in the United States and its chances for a comeback in the 2000s. Blue print for a solar future squashed during the administration of Ronald Reagan; Oil embargoes of 1973 and 1979 as spur to alternative energy research; Solar pioneers of...
- The Solar Energy green plan. // Earth Island Journal;Spring92, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p29
Features Solar Energy Industries Association's Green Energy Plan, which details how the United States could provide at least 20 percent of its annual energy needs from renewable solar power by the year 2000. Number of jobs that could be created by the plan; Call for government and industry support.
- Towards bio-inspired solar hydrogen generation. // Chemistry in Australia;Jun2010, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p9
The article focuses on a proposed clean and renewable fuel produced by solar hydrogen generation.
- Lunar power. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p120
Details the operation of a proposed Lunar Solar Power System, an alternative energy source system that uses arrays of solar cells on the lunar surface to beam energy back to earth.
- Hillbilly deluxe solar trailer. Barnes, Keith // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 91 Issue 6, p73
The article discusses the author's experience of making his own solar trailer to produce his own electricity.