Tags: PERFORMING arts
- The big squeeze. Swart, Sharon // Variety;8/27/2001, Vol. 383 Issue 14, p73
Introduces a series of articles on the top show business companies featured in the August 27-September 2, 2001 issue of `Variety.'
- U.K. SHOWBIZ. Swart, Sharon // Variety;12/11/2000, Vol. 381 Issue 4, p35
Introduces series of articles which deals with the show business in Great Britain.
- Discovery through the humanities. // Aging;1994, Issue 366, p26
Highlights the NCOA's project, `Discovery Through the Humanities' Program called We Got There on the Train: Railroads in the Lives of American People. The program discussed; Questions; Contact information.
- THEATRE. Lewis, Theophilus // America;3/20/1954, Vol. 90 Issue 25, p664
The article lists various theatrical production in the U.S.
- Summer events worth staying in town for. Spiselman, Anne // Crain's Chicago Business;8/7/95, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p27
Reports on arts and entertainment events in Chicago, Illinois for August 1995. Includes Light Opera Works and Pegasus Players' staging of the play `The Golden Apple'; Saint Sebastian Players' `Elvicula' musical; Sixth annual Chance Dance Fest presented by Links Hall.
- A season of reverence, irreverence and traditions. Spiselman, Anne // Crain's Chicago Business;12/4/95, Vol. 18 Issue 49, p25
Enumerates several events in the entertainment industry in Chicago, Illinois, scheduled for December 1995. Includes showing of the medieval morality play, `Everyman,' directed by Frank Gallati; Opening of the play, `I Hate Hamlet,' directed by Paul Ruddick; Performance of the musical group,...
- In Feb.: Arles, the Barb and Cruzando Fronteras. Spiselman, Anne // Crain's Chicago Business;2/5/96, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p21
Features notable performing arts and entertainment activities that will be presented in Chicago, Illinois on February 1996. Includes `A Midsummer Night's Dream'; Reinterpretation of `Hamlet'; Musical `Pope Joan'; `Beyond Category: The Musical Genius of Duke Ellington' exhibit; Rock ballet...
- Princes, puppets and Persia. Spiselman, Anne // Crain's Chicago Business;04/07/97, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p37
Presents information on the 1997 Spring Festival of Dance. Staging of Ballet Chicago's `Cinderella,' at the Shubert April 9-13; Citing the Performing Arts Chicago's sponsoring of Handspring Puppet Company of South Africa;s `Faustus in Africa'; Art exhibitions in the Chicago, Illinois area.
- Curtain rises on theater season. Spiselman, Anne // Crain's Chicago Business;09/01/97, Vol. 20 Issue 35, p69
No abstract available.
- Curtain rises on new year in arts. Spiselman, Anne // Crain's Chicago Business;01/05/98, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p17
Features the performing arts industry in Chicago Illinois. Reference to the premiere of `Eric Bogosian's Griller from January 19 to 21, 1998; Inforamtion on the dance featuring Melissa Thodos & Dancer, scheduled for January 16 to 17; Additional information.