A tale of ten cities
- Immigration: Who's coming to America? // Junior Scholastic;2/24/95, Vol. 97 Issue 13, p7
Presents a multiple-choice test on immigration in the United States. Presentation of two graphs and a chart on which to derive the answers.
- A look at U.S. immigration. // Junior Scholastic;02/07/97, Vol. 98 Issue 12, p14
Presents a quiz related to the immigration situation in the United States. Includes year with the largest number of legal immigrants; Year with the fewest number of immigrants; Number of legal immigrants that came from North America in 1994.
- Peaceful Invasions: Immigration and Changing America (Book). Kasinitz, Philip // Social Forces;Dec93, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p581
Reviews the book "Peaceful Invasions: Immigration and Changing America," by Leon Bouvier.
- Crossword. Rockowitz, Murray // Junior Scholastic;2/24/95, Vol. 97 Issue 13, p23
Presents a crossword that uses terms related to United States immigration.
- USA LIFE AIN'T EASY. Akosah, Kwabena Sarpong // New African;May2004, Issue 429, p58
Reports on the emigration of Africans to the United States through the green card lottery. Contrast between life in the U.S. and perceptions back home; Change of careers to nursing; Result of failing to pass the state examinations for nurses.
- The Traumatic Lives of Refugees and Asylum Seekers. Kinzie, J. D. // GPSolo;Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p42
The article focuses on the legal issues faced by refugees and asylum seekers in the U.S. and highlights the traumatic lives of refugees and asylum seekers. It states that the Intercultural Psychiatric Program in Oregon, since 1977 has been treating refugees and asylum seekers, who have a great...
- The many faces of America: Immigration. // World Almanac for Kids;1996, p172
Discusses immigration to the United States. Reasons why people come to the US from other countries; Chart showing how many immigrants came from several different countries in 1994; Bar graph showing where most immigrants settle.
- Immigration, si; welfare, no. Bethell, Tom // American Spectator;Nov93, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p18
Discusses the immigration debate. Effect of the immigration problem on the economy; Providing health, education and welfare benefits to illegal aliens; Immigrants' contribution in taxes; Employment of illegal aliens.
- Evolution of Policy. // Congressional Digest;Oct89, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p226
Discusses the evolution of United States immigration and naturalization policy since 1790. Numerical limits; Federal regulation; 1952 Immigration and Nationality Act.