Monsanto to bolster Kelco role, keep it in San Diego
- Monsanto takes a high-priced foray into hydrocolloids. Coeyman, Marjorie // Chemical Week;1/4/1995-1/11/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 1, p13
Reports on Mosanto's purchase of Kelco company. Acquisition price; Production of aspartame; Benefits for Kelco.
- By gum! There's a lot more to Kelco than just seaweed. Fikes, Bradley J. // San Diego Business Journal;3/27/95, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p1
Features the company Kelco. Production of biogums from bred lines of microbes; Monsanto Co.'s purchase of the company from Merck & Company; Lines of gum products.
- Supplier profiles. // Prepared Foods;Dec93, Vol. 162 Issue 13, p301
Presents a corporate profile on Kelco. Products offered; Marketplace strengths; Contact information; Parent company.
- Kelcogel offers choice for innovative confections. // Candy Industry;Nov94, Vol. 159 Issue 11, p47
Features Kelcogel gellan gum from Kelco. Features; Benefits of use; Ease in manipulating Kelcogel's texture; Applications.
- HCFC-resistant ABS sheet targets refrigerator liners. // Plastics Technology;Sep95, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p14
Reports on Monsanto Co.'s patenting of coextruded sheet for making HCFC-resistant refrigerator liners. Features of the product.
- Monsanto bets on life sciences with chemical business spinoff. Chapman, Peter // Chemical Market Reporter;12/16/96, Vol. 250 Issue 25, p5
Reports on Monsanto Co.'s plan to spin off its chemical business. Formation of two new separately traded chemical businesses; Dropping of the company's industrial products businesses; Move as a show of commitment to life sciences; Industry analysts' praise for the company's move; Impact on...
- Monsanto outlines chemical plans. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/30/96, Vol. 250 Issue 27, p3
Discusses Monsanto Co.'s release of the details of the organizational structure of its soon-to-be-spun-off chemical group. Number of divisions and units; Expected annual sales; Remarks of Bob Putter, chairman and chief executive officer designate of the group.
- Monsanto unveils contract fiber. McCurry, John // Textile World;May94, Vol. 144 Issue 5, p31
Reports on Monsanto's unveiling of Ultron VIP solution dyed nylon 66, an improved contract fiber that adds the high-performance advantage of solution-dyed pigments. Features of the contract fiber.
- Eclectic group plugging carpet. // Textile World;Jun94, Vol. 144 Issue 6, p24
Features the personalities in the new advertising campaign for Monsanto WearDated carpet. Judge Joseph A. Wapner of the People's Court; Kareem Abdul-Jabbar; Wilma Flintstone.