Tags: INCENTIVES in industry
- Beyond the PALE. Baraban, Regina; Skolnik, Rayna; Mtele, Helena; Carstens, Kay // Financial & Insurance Meetings;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p31
Recommends several destinations for incentive programs. Monaco; Scotland; Germany; Prague, Czech Republic; London, England.
- Prizes that produce results. // People Management;09/07/95, Vol. 1 Issue 18, p43
Scrutinizes the success of a production director of a regional newspaper, who spent about 1,000 to his reward scheme for his staff, in cutting his costs in credits for advertisements inaccuracies. Impact of incentives on the staff of an organization; Ways on how to reduce credits from 26,000 to...
- CU's Staff Gets A Lot More Than A Pat On The Back. Ortiz, Lauralee // Credit Union Journal;01/29/2001, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the incentives given to the employees at People's Alliance Federal Credit Union in Hauppauge, New York. Twice-monthly visits from a massage therapist; Gift certificates for Omaha Steaks or cheesecakes; Invitation to a Yankees baseball game.
- Motivation matters. Billikopf, Gregory Encina // American Nurseryman;2/15/96, Vol. 183 Issue 4, p59
Discusses the right way to design an incentive program for employees in the United States. Most common structured incentives; Analysis of the appropriateness of incentives; Pay and performance; Establishment of standards; Communication with workers. INSET: When tickets to the ballgame are not...
- Newest compensation rage... Poe, Randall; Courter, Carol Lee // Across the Board;Mar1995, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p5
Reports on the use of incentives by companies in the United States. Result of the survey conducted by Hewitt Associates on the corporate budget for special awards.
- Manchester Offers Businesses Energy Efficiency Incentives. // Business NH Magazine;Feb2010, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p10
The article reports on the business energy efficiency incentives program, dubbed as the Energy Efficiency Revolving Loan Fund, initiated by the Manchester's Economic Development Office (MEDO) on its businesses in New Hampshire.
- Does your compensation program put your money where your mouth is? // Orange County Business Journal;06/09/97, Vol. 20 Issue 23, pA-11
Provides information on how employees view employer's pay compensation programs. What employers compensation programs say about them.
- Companies set aside record stock amounts for management pay plans. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 18 Issue 105, p26
Focuses on the practice of United States companies in setting aside a percentage of the outstanding company stock for manager and employee incentive pay. Increase in annual stock allocations; Percentage of stock actually granted to executives and other employees; Shift to equity pay.
- A targeting strategy for use of incentives in economic development. Scott, Loren C. // Economic Development Review;Fall93, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p74
Examines the effectiveness of incentives given by state and local governments to attract businesses. Tax concessions which increase after-tax profits; Fiscal inducements that may reduce cost of capital; Structural limitations; Environmental considerations.