Big Ticket sets `Hot Bench'
- The syndicators. Benson, Jim; Flint, Joe // Variety;12/4/95, Vol. 361 Issue 5, p68
Reports on developments in television in the United States. Off-network sales of the television program `Frasier'; Launching of the program `Hot Bench With Judge Judy Sheindlin' in 1996; Launching of `Poltergeist: The Legacy' program.
- PAR SCORE FOR RHEA. Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;10/31/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 42, p6
Reports on Big Ticket Television's Caroline Rhea project. Possibility of the Rhea show replacing 'Dr. Laura'; Rating of the television program 'Dr. Laura.'
- `Judge Judy' a hot property for Worldvision. Davies, Jonathan // Hollywood Reporter;12/21/95, Vol. 340 Issue 17, p12
Reports that Worldvision has received positive reaction to its half-hour reality television show `Hot Bench With Judge Judy Sheindlin,' which the company is selling at the National Association of Television Program Executives' 1996 annual conference. Content of the show; Difference between the...
- The making of a (TV) judge. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;09/14/98, Vol. 128 Issue 38, p30
Focuses on the television program `Judge Joe Brown' from Spelling Entertainment divisions, Worldvision Enterprises and Big Ticket Television. Information on various court shows; Details on the production for the sales tape of the show; Details on the station sales effort; Marketing and...
- `Judge Judy' gets favorable ruling. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;11/10/97, Vol. 127 Issue 46, p6
Reports on the strong viewership ratings of Big Ticket Entertainment's television program `Judge Judy.' Audience share in October 1997; Proliferation of court shows inspired by the success of Judge Judy; Comments by Judge Judy Sheindlin, the focus of the program.
- UPN takes sip of Brandy series. Davies, Jonathan // Hollywood Reporter;10/20/95, Vol. 339 Issue 25, p3
Reports that UPN has picked up Big Ticket Television's sitcom `Moesha' starring Brandy Norwood for a midseason debut. Focus of the sitcom; Terms of the agreement; Other television agreement and production of the company.
- Brandy hip-hops to Big Ticket for CBS sitcom pilot. Davies, Jonathan // Hollywood Reporter;3/15/95, Vol. 336 Issue 21, p3
Reports on Big Ticket Television's signing of hip-hop artist Brandy to play the lead in its first sitcom pilot `Moesha.' Selection of Brandy as best new artist at the 1995 Soul Train Music Awards; Producer and writer of the sitcom.
- Syndie development on roll. Grego; Schlosser, Melissa // Broadcasting & Cable;10/18/99, Vol. 129 Issue 43, p4
Reports on developments related to television program syndication in the United States as of October 18, 1999. Big Ticket Television's production of the program `The How 2 Guide 2 Life'; Other production companies' first-run programs.
- IT WASN'T ALWAYS SO EASY FOR 'JUDY'. Krukowski, Andrew // Television Week;1/26/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p20
The article reports that even juggernaut TV shows like "Judge Judy" fought an uphill battle during their launch. In "Judy's" case, its star judge Judith Sheindlin, had little television experience and clearances were subpar in its first year. Originally titled "Hot Bench," the test runs of...