War games & wildlife
- Remembering a faithful friend. Strachan, Greig T. // Christian Science Monitor;11/3/95, Vol. 87 Issue 238, p16
Relates the author's personal experience with his dog, Zack. Creation of a beautiful companionship between the dog and master; Love and affection showered by the dog on the owners.
- A wayward cow gets an earful. // Christian Science Monitor;9/22/95, Vol. 87 Issue 209, p16
Presents a photograph of a five year old scolding his cow for misbehaving at a fair held in Kansas.
- An excuse to be neighborly. Kihu, James // Christian Science Monitor;9/28/95, Vol. 87 Issue 213, p16
Features author's personal experiences of domestic animals and making of friends through them. Reminiscences related to the issue from author's childhood days.
- In his 13th winter. Monahan, John // Yankee;Jan94, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p128
Reminisces the author's times with his dog named Argus. Stroll at the city park together with Argus to watch the children play; Physical weakness experienced by Argus during his 13th year; Author's sadness over Argus' illnesses caused by old age; Argus' death.
- The temporary turtle that refused to be boxed in. Ramelkamp, Betsy // Christian Science Monitor;12/26/95, Vol. 88 Issue 21, p21
Presents the authors account of his attachment with a turtle that cropped up on its free will and also departed on its own accord.
- DOGS IN MY LIFE. Robinson, Roxana // Victoria (Hearst Magazines, a division of Hearst Communications,;Sep2000, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p116
Presents the author's recollections about the dogs in her life. Collie-shepherd cross named Sandy McTavish received during the fifth grade; Black standard poodle called Beadle obtained when she got married; Black standard named Lacey.
- The free thinkers. Hill, Gene // Field & Stream;Feb95, Vol. 99 Issue 10, p8
Presents a narrative of the author's experiences with dogs. Reflections of the authors relationships with his dogs which includes a Griffon puppy named George and a black labrador named Josephine; Anecdote about the author's free spirited friends.
- The oddest entry in the pet parade. McBride, Bunny // Christian Science Monitor;11/14/95, Vol. 87 Issue 245, p16
Presents the authors personal experience with pets and his all-time wish to keep a horse.
- The pet-store puppy that became my best pal. Lackore, James Roger // Christian Science Monitor;5/9/95, Vol. 87 Issue 114, p16
Recounts the author's nostalgic recollection regarding the purchase of a pup and the increasing bond between them.