Add this bluebird to your life list
- Rara avis. Richardson, Elliott; Levin, Sey // Yankee;Sep95, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p50
Profiles naturalist and artist Roger Tory Peterson. Love of birds; Teaching career.
- A field guide to Roger Tory Peterson. // Country Journal;Dec85, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p34
In 1934, Peterson revolutionized the art of bird watching with his guidebook `Field Guide to the Birds.' A look here at Peterson's life and the process used to put together his Peterson Field Guides.
- THE BIRDMAN OF AMERICA. Dorning, Amy Weaver // Town & Country;Aug2008, Vol. 161 Issue 5539, p38
The article presents information on events to be held on the 100th birthday of naturalist, artist, and environmentalist Roger Tory Peterson.
- Roger Tory Peterson. Line, Les // National Wildlife (World Edition);Oct/Nov96, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p62
Pays tribute to artist and ornithologist Roger Tory Peterson, who passed away on July 28, 1996. Accomplishments as editor of `The Peterson Field Guide' periodical; Highlights of Peterson's career; Development of an innovative bird-identification method that became the standard for all nature...
- Save the birds! Peterson, Robert // Boys' Life;Mar1997, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p28
Profiles ornithologist Roger Tory Peterson. Peterson's two most famous books entitled `A Field Guide to the Birds' and `A Field Guide to Western Birds'; Peterson's achievement; How Peterson's system for identifying birds in his guidebooks was used during the World War II; Peterson's love of...
- Nature's Wonders. Kaufman, Kenn; Kaufman, Kimberly // Highlights;Aug2008, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p22
A biography of Roger Tory Peterson, who wrote and illustrated the first field guide to birds, is presented.
- Roger Tory Peterson. Marandino, Cristin // Country Journal;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p8
Pays tribute to Roger Tory Peterson, an artist, who died on July 28, 1996. Peterson's contribution to art; Information on some of his art work; Number of years Peterson spent in the art career; Information on Peterson.
- Inventing the bird business. Gordon, John Steele // American Heritage;Dec96, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p18
Highlights Roger Tory Peterson's role in popularizing birdwatching, both as a hobby and as an industry. Personal and career background; Peterson's childhood experiences with birding; Efforts to give the reader field marks that can be seen at a distance and that will allow the birder to...
- In memoriam: Roger Tory Peterson, 1908-1996. Drennan, Susan Roney // Auk (American Ornithologists Union);Apr98, Vol. 115 Issue 2, p465
Pays tribute to Roger Tory Peterson, former teacher and member of the National Association of Audubon Societies as Educational Director of Art Director for Bird, Lore, who died at the age of 87 on July 28, 1997. Background and professional information on Peterson.