LI action plan
Tags: EXPRESS highways
- Kansas Turnpike Sells $88 Million for Refunding, Road-Widening. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;12/10/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31529, p28
Reports that the transport company Kansas Turnpike Authority (KTA) begun a retail order period for multi-million dollars of revenue bonds to widen the state's only toll road and refund outstanding debt. Location of the toll road operated by the KTA; Trends in the replacement of traditional...
- Kowalski was clairvoyant. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;4/24/95, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p15
Comments on the promotion of a free-trade superhighway stretching from Edmonton, Alberta through to Mexico City by former economic development minister Ken Kowalski; Quotes article from the March 30, 1995 issue of `The News,' an English-language daily in Mexico.
- Fares may be reduced on 91 Express Lanes. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;12/09/96, Vol. 19 Issue 50, p1
Reports that fares may be reduced by operators of the 91 Express Lanes in Orange County, California in order to entice motorists to use the toll lines more often. Who owns and operates the toll lanes; Statistics on cars which uses the lanes daily; When 91 Express Lanes opened; Cost of the lanes.
- Surprises drive up costs and ingenuity. Rosenbaum, David B. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/4/95, Vol. 235 Issue 23, p31
Reports on the San Francisco, California's Interstate 280 double-deck expressway retrofitting project. Repair and retrofitting costs; Plans of the state of California for voters to pass a bond issue in March 1996 to fund more bridge retrofits; Engineering and construction problems.
- Expressway and parkway exits. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/25/96 Supplement Almanac, Vol. 43 Issue 13, p38
Lists expressway and parkway exits in Long Island, New York. Town; Expressway exit number; Number of state parkway exit; States parkway exit number.
- Morocco. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/11/96, Vol. 40 Issue 41, p35
Reports on the Moroccan government's evaluation of prequalification documents for a project to build a motorway on a private financing basis. Build-operate-transfer scheme of the project; Similar motorway project financed by Societe Nationale de l'Autoroute du Maroc.
- Electronic tollgate. Stover, D.; DiChristina, M. // Popular Science;Aug90, Vol. 237 Issue 2, p31
Reports on the Q-Free electronic tollbooth system in Norway. Tollbooth scans the vehicle's ID tag and relates the information to a financial accounts computer.
- DOT plans to accelerate HOV plan. Penon, Mary T. // Westchester County Business Journal;04/28/97, Vol. 36 Issue 17, p17
Focuses on the New York state Department of Transportation's Cross Westchester Expressway project in Westchester County, New York. Environmental impact of the project; Opposition from the Federated Conservationists of Westchester County; Need for approval of the US Federal Highway Administration.
- On the road to Argentina. // International Construction;Aug97, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the project to improve Argentina's freeway network.