Tags: OPTIONS (Finance)
- New Britain, Conn., Working on $58M Pension Bond Swaption. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;2/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31583, p56
Reports on the plans of New Britain, Connecticut sell an option to do a synthetic floating-rate swap of $58 million in taxable pension obligation bonds sold in 1998. Controversy regarding the sale of the option; Credit ratings of the city; Significance of the options' sale for the city.
- Court: Currency options exempt from regulation. Seiberg, Jaret // American Banker;2/26/97, Vol. 162 Issue 38, p2
No abstract available.
- PCS catastrophe options. // Business Insurance;01/26/98, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p23
Presents statistical information on PCS catastrophe options as of January 23, 1998.
- The price risk of options positions: Measurement and capital requirements. Estrella, Arturo; Hendricks, Darryll; al, et // Quarterly Review (01476580);Summer/Fall94, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p27
Evaluates supervisory approaches to the measurement and capital treatment of the price risk of options positions. Unique risks of options; Considerations in setting supervisory capital requirements; Quantitative analysis of price risk rules.
- Optional tools. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jun95, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p16
Announces the availability of the biweekly Commitment of Traders reports for options contracts to futures traders. Uncertainty of its analysis; Combination of options and futures positions of market participants in the reports; Results of the first futures reports.
- Reserving a seat at the options table. Nelson, John C. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jan1997, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p42
Presents a basic outlook on the option market. Definition of options; Benefits of buying options; Value of options. INSETS: In, out or at..;Ticket math..;Option glossary...
- The volatility effect of option listing: Some Canadian evidence. Elfakhani, Said; Chaudhury, Mohammed // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Spring95, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p97
Examines the effect of the Canadian options listings on the volatility of the underlying stocks. First ever option listing's variance change and beta change; Stability of volatility's variance effect and beta effect; Volatility effect of put listing; Risk-reducing effect on underlying stocks of...
- Qualified covered calls. // Practical Accountant;Aug98, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p18
Reports that proposed regulations (REG-104641-97) were issued on application rules governing qualified covered calls. What the regulations apply to.
- Time (decay) is money. Nelson, John C. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Apr97, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p50
Focuses on buying options as it relates to option trading. Perception of traders on long option positions; Comparison of option trading to the insurance industry; Reference to an article entitled `Reserving A Seat At The Options Table,' which was published in the January issue of the `Futures'...