Martin Stoss cello, 1827
- World Cello Congress. // Strad;Apr97, Vol. 108 Issue 1284, p361
No abstract available.
- News. // Strad;Sep97, Vol. 108 Issue 1289, p922
Focuses on a new device, designed by German cellist Joachim Fiedler, that apparently makes lugging cello around as easy as carrying a rucksack. Availability in kit form or ready assembled on new cases; Contact information.
- Elegance without adornment. Randerson, John // Strad;Jun97, Vol. 108 Issue 1286, p618
Describes the 1996 cello created by Joseph Hrubaugh and Sigrun Seifert. Use of the Servais and Castelbarco cellos as a model for the violin; Types of wood used in the instrument; Supplies used for purfling; Dimensions of the instrument.
- `Marketvitch' cello, 1709. Rattray, David // Strad;Mar96, Vol. 107 Issue 1271, p254
Examines a rare `Forma B' Stradivari cello. Craftsmanship and materials of the `Forma B'; Dimensions; Alfred Hill's acquaintance with the cello through his association with Russian collector Baron Knoop.
- Summer's late, lingering music. Shippey, Kim // Christian Science Monitor;10/15/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 224, p22
Presents an essay on the end of summer and Indian summer, and the enjoyment of cello music.
- A little cello music. Schultz, Valerie // Commonweal;12/06/96, Vol. 123 Issue 21, p31
Narrates the author's love for her husband's preoccupation with taking cello lessons. Beauty of the cello; Husband's willingness to try new things; Moral lessons from playing the cello.
- New Zealand cello prizes. // Strad;Oct95, Vol. 106 Issue 1266, p994
Reports on the winners of the First Adam International Cello Competition in New Zealand in July 1995.
- REVIEWS CDS. Potter, Tully // Strad;Aug2002, Vol. 113 Issue 1348, p886
Reviews several music recordings performed by violencellist Pierre Fournier and the Orchestre de la Suisse Romande. 'Cello Concerto,' composed by Schumann; 'Cello Concerto No. 1,' composed by Martin uring; 'Cello Concerto No. 1,' composed by Shostakovich.
- Yes Virginia, You Will Seize the Opportunity. Lapka, Christine // Illinois Music Educator;Fall2008, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p72
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of how she played cello in orchestra.