Martin Stoss cello, 1827
- An eloquent companion. Boyd, Martin // Strad;Dec97, Vol. 108 Issue 1292, p1362
Features several literary works where the cello is featured. Includes `The Warden,' by Anthony Trollope; `Brideshead Revisited,' by Evelyn Waugh; `The Witches of Eastwick,' by John Updike.
- Elegance without adornment. Randerson, John // Strad;Jun97, Vol. 108 Issue 1286, p618
Describes the 1996 cello created by Joseph Hrubaugh and Sigrun Seifert. Use of the Servais and Castelbarco cellos as a model for the violin; Types of wood used in the instrument; Supplies used for purfling; Dimensions of the instrument.
- `Marketvitch' cello, 1709. Rattray, David // Strad;Mar96, Vol. 107 Issue 1271, p254
Examines a rare `Forma B' Stradivari cello. Craftsmanship and materials of the `Forma B'; Dimensions; Alfred Hill's acquaintance with the cello through his association with Russian collector Baron Knoop.
- From Strad to Slava. Zygmuntowicz, Samuel // Strad;Oct97, Vol. 108 Issue 1290, p1074
Examines the `Duport' cello, a classic musical instrument. Suitability for solo performances; Proportionality of dimensions; Display of fine workmanship.
- Stradivari cello suffers accident in Spain. // Strad;Jul2012, Vol. 123 Issue 1467, p10
The article reports on the damage of the Stradivari cello, housed at the Spanish Royal Palace in Madrid, in an accident while undergoing an inspection on 13 April.
- Lying in state. Bayon, Christian // Strad;Jul98, Vol. 109 Issue 1299, p720
Examines the authenticity of the Stradivari's 1725 `King of Portugal, ex-Chevillard' cello. Background information on the instrument; Portuguese cellist who declared the cello a fake; Features of the cello.
- Decorating tips. Carrington, Jerome // Strad;Feb2003, Vol. 114 Issue 1354, p164
Provides a history of Haydn's 1783 D major Cello Concerto. Revisions made to the work; Authenticity of the concerto.
- Guide to Records: VAINBERG, SHOSTAKOVICH, LEVITINE. Lehman, Mark L. // American Record Guide;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p175
Reviews the cello music recording 'Cello Concertos,' composed by Vainberg, Shostakovich and Levitine.
- REVIEWS CDS. Haylock, Julian // Strad;Oct2002, Vol. 113 Issue 1350, p1138
Reviews the cello and piano music recording by various composers and performed by Sonia Wieder-Atherton and Imogen Cooper.