Thailand installs first CFBC power-from-waste plant
- Nagoya takes delivery of 27 MW refuse plant. // Modern Power Systems;Aug97, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p7
Reports that the city of Nagoya in Japan has taken delivery of a Kawasaki refuse incineration facility which will be able to generate 27 megawatts of power.
- Plastic power comes to Japan. // International Power Generation;Oct2001, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p8
Reports the schedule of the operation of the waste-to-power plant using plastic as a fuel in Japan. Construction of the Environmental Resources Development Division of three more recycling plants; Prevention of the company from dioxin pollution generated by inappropriate incineration.
- Great balls from fire no problem for roll crushers. // Process Engineering;Apr2003, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p13
Reports on the problem on conventional size reduction methods in a power plant faced by Clyde Bergenmann Materials Handling. Transfer of ash waste from an incinerator via a pneumatic conveyor system; Prevention of heat to travel through the motor shaft; Development of four roll crushers.
- London incinerator plant given green light after 16 years of wrangling. // Professional Engineering;6/28/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p9
The article reports on Great Britain's Energy Minister Malcolm Wick's approval of the plans of Riverside Resource Recovery to build an incinerator in Belvedere, England. According to the article, the incinerator is expected to start operations in 2010. However, the planned construction of an...
- Combined heat and power 2000 conference. // Professional Engineering;07/09/97, Vol. 10 Issue 13, p47
Provides information on a seminar on electric power plants to be held in Great Britain on February 18-19, 1998. Topics to be discussed; Contact information.
- Florida court to rule on default motion. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/24/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30279, p8
Reports on the petition filed by the partnerships of Okeelanta Power and Osceola Power, two financial troubled waste-to-energy plants in Palm Beach County, Florida, to the United States Bankruptcy Court this November 1997 for emergence from bankruptcy. Key points in the bankruptcy emergence...
- More Power to Them . Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31302, p29
Reports on the plans of the Southern California Public Power Authority (SCPPA) for the issuance of revenue bonds to finance power plant. Agreement between SCPPA member cities for the project of gas-fired plant.
- BILL TO SPEED PROJECT DELIVERY RECEIVES MIXED INDUSTRY REACTION. Rosta, Paul // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/16/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 12, p11
Examines the bill to improve project delivery in the electric powerplant construction industry in California. Legislation authored by U.S. Senator, Steve Peace; Reaction of Independent Energy Producers Association executive director, Jan Smutny Jones; Establishment of California Consumer Power...
- Note on the seemingly indefinite extension of power plant lives, a panel contribution. Ellerman, Denny // Energy Journal;1998, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p129
Focuses on the phenomenon of the indefinite extension of power plant lives in the United States. Causes of life extension which can be considered features of the regulatory system; Emerging implications of the indefinite extension of the useful life of existing plant; Resumption of...