Eskom explores SMES applications
- Eskom looking at hydro project. // Modern Power Systems;Aug96, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p3
Reports on South African utility Eskom's agreement with Mozambique's Electricidade de Mozambique for the construction of a hydropower project on the Zambezi River.
- Miracles take a little longer. van der Kooy, Rob // Finance Week;10/22/99, p31
Focuses on the proposed privatization of South Africa's Eskom. Benefits of electricity user; Assets of the company; Preparations for privatization.
- South Africa signed agreements with power producers for 19 projects worth R 28 billion. // World Energy News;5/14/2013, p16
The article reports that the government of South Africa (SA) and state-owned power utility Eskom have signed agreements worth renewable energy producers for 19 projects worth SA 28 billion rand to deliver 1,043 megawatts of renewable energy.
- Nersa is undertaking a reconciliation of Eskom's 2012-13 accounts. // African Business News;1/23/2014, p24
The article reports that Eskom Holding Ltd.'s 2012-2013 accounts are being assessed by the National Energy Regulator of South Africa (Nersa) to determine whether its actual expenditure exceeded than the budget.
- Search for efficiency. // Finance Week;5/24/2002, p54
Features the 2002 eta awards which is being sponsored by Eskom. History of the awards; Aim of the awards; Qualifications for the awards.
- Hand-wringing, grinding of teeth. Van Rensburg, Dewald // Finweek;2010 Top 200, p97
The article discusses the effects of the multiyear price adjustment of Eskom Holding Ltd. which will be in effect in April 2010 in South Africa.
- ESKOM MAY SWITCH. // Coal International;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 250 Issue 2, p47
Reports on the possibility that Eskom, the world's leading buyer of coal, might favor local producers over BHP Billiton and Anglo American.
- Eskom in transition. Ross, Priscila // International Power Generation;Mar98, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p55
Focuses on the electric generation projects of Eskom, the electric utility of South Africa. Over-capacity supply of electricity; Steam coal power stations; History of South Africa's electrification in 1994; Impacts of apartheid on electrification; Optism expressed by general manager Tito Zwane...
- Dim light at end of the tunnel. // Finweek;3/25/2010, p8
The article reports on the move by environmentalist to urge major shareholders of World Bank to vote against the proposed 3.75 billion dollars loan by Eskom Holdings Ltd. that will be used for the construction of coal-fired power stations in South Africa that will aggravate greenhouse gas emissions.