Conflict: An Important Dimension in Successful Management Teams
- Quality Circles in a Corporate Antiunion Strategy: A Case Study. Grenier, Guillermo J. // Labor Studies Journal;Summer88, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p5
This case study explores how the organizational technique of quality circles (QC) was used by a company in the Southwest as part of its overall antiunion strategy during a union campaign. The author explores how the organization of the social process of production into this small group human...
- Nominal group technique--an aid in implementing TQM. Roth, Philip L.; Schleifer, Lydia l.F. // CPA Journal;May95, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p68
Describes the Nominal Group Technique (NGT) for soliciting group participation in implementing total quality management (TQM). Independent generation of ideas; Recording of ideas in round-robin format; Discussion of ideas; Determination of best ideas.
- GUIDELINES for Organizing Employee TQM Teams. Milas, Gene H. // IIE Solutions;Feb96, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p36
No abstract available.
- Total quality management. Morand, John D. // Economic Development Review;Summer93, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p3
Discusses tips on developing a successful total quality management (TQM). Energizing individuals through teamwork; Building a team organization; Caring for internal and external customers; Basic steps to deliver excellent service.
- Total quality management principles: A practical application for an economic development ... Stewart, Jerry W. // Economic Development Review;Summer93, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p78
Discusses the applications and uses of the total quality management (TQM) principles. Adoption of TQM by the City of Virginia; Seven step-by-step process for evaluating problems; Need for teamwork; Change as a long term commitment.
- Building an awesome team. Daum, Kevin // Smart Business Northern California;Oct2010, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p6
The article focuses on the importance of teamwork and the value of creating awe-inspiring teams in the work environment. It states that it is crucial for a leader to learn how to manage teams effectively to yield productive results. It highlights entrepreneur Amilya Antonetti who stresses the...
- Workplace Transformation and the Rise in Cumulative Trauma Disorders: Is There a Connection? Fairris, David; Brenner, Mark // Journal of Labor Research;
This study explores the association between workplace transformation and the rise in cumulative trauma disorders (CTD) rates across a broad range of manufacturing industries. The workplace transformation movement in the U.S. has made rapid progress since its emergence in the early 1980s. A...
- The role of organizational climate in the implementation of total quality management. Emery, Charles R.; Summers, Timothy P. // Journal of Managerial Issues;Winter96, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p484
Studies the link between organizational working environment and total quality management (TQM). Reasons for failure of TQM implementation; Significance of employee participation and continuous improvement; Elements of positive organizational climate; Implications to human resource management.
- Using teams to create a quality culture. Toppert, Bethany; DeSantis, Melanie // Public Manager;Fall93, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p71
Focuses on the use of teams in the creation of a quality culture. Organizational culture; Facilitation of changes that promote cultures that foster quality; Sharing of information; Sharing of resources; Becoming more proactive; Change in culture.