- Building comprehensive HIV/AIDS care services. Meredith, Karen L.; Larson, Trudy A.; Soons, Karen Richardson; Grace, Christopher J.; Fraser, Victoria J.; Mundy, Linda M.; Melchior, Lisa A.; Huba, G.J. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;May98, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p379
Presents three human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)/acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS)-related health care funded programs, by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Special Projects of National Significance (SPNS) Program. What comprehensive services for HIV-positive...
- 12th World AIDS Conference: Pointing Out the Gaps. Laurence, Jeffrey // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Sep98, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p669
Editorial. Presents information on the 12th World AIDS Conference held in Geneva, Switzerland in 1998, which focused on the growth in HIV/AIDS epidemic. Reference to results on the transmission of multi-drug-resistant strains of HIV; Responses to concerns of viral resistance and drug...
- The MYSTERY of HIV/AIDS. // Current Health 1;Nov2003, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p26
Presents information on HIV/AIDS.
- AIDS costs in Trinidad and Tobago. Henry, Ralph; Newton, Elizabeth // Studies in Comparative International Development;Winter95, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p68
Studies the emergence of human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immune deficiency syndrome (HIV/AIDS) in Trinidad and Tobago. Increase in HIV/AIDS cases from 1983 to 1992; Effects of the cost of the disease to on the economy; projected increase in HIV/AIDS cases.
- The Scourge of HIV/AIDS in Africa and the Church's Response. Nguru, Godfrey M. // Transformation (02653788);Oct2003, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p245
Delves into the issue of HIV and AIDS in Africa. History of the disease; Impact on the African society; Discussion of selected issues related to HIV/AIDS; Response of the church to the situation.
- People with HIV virus living longer: Study. // Jet;5/16/94, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p32
Reports on a study which found out that people infected with the HIV virus are living about a year longer than they were in the early stages of the AIDS epidemic. Success of combating the pneumonia that accompanies the infection; New York Health Department study on people who died of AIDS...
- Number of HIV/AIDS cases rising in Alabama. // Gay & Lesbian Times;2/27/2003, Issue 792, p29
Reports on the increasing number of HIV/AIDS cases in Alabama. Annual rate of increase in HIV and AIDS cases; Increasing number of HIV and AIDS cases among heterosexual females, women of color in their childbearing years; Alabama's lack of comprehensive statewide plan that addresses prevention.
- Aids update. Csatari, Jeffrey // Men's Health (10544836);Mar96, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p54
Presents information on topics related to the acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), and the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). Supporting AIDS research with use of Rainbow Visa Card; Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) approval of anti-HIV drug Epivir; AIDS activists' views of AIDS...
- AIDS update. Geraci, Ron // Men's Health (10544836);Jan/Feb98, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p38
Presents news about acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS). Effect of the drug `Combivir' on AIDS; Effect of the drug RU486 on AIDS; Number of stroke patients examined by a hospital in Atlanta who were HIV-positive.