Epitaph for two mountain gorillas
- Calgary Zoo's new arrival. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;2/1/93, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p43
Announces that Tabitha, a western lowland gorilla from the Calgary Zoo, gave birth two weeks ago to a healthy baby. Zoo officials can't tell gender of offspring; Rob Sutherland, primate keeper, says Tabitha has `taken to motherhood exceptionally well'; Tabitha's pal Julia is pregnant too.
- Above Rwanda's madding crowd, mountain gorillas reign. Matloff, Judith // Christian Science Monitor;12/10/96, Vol. 89 Issue 11, p5
Focuses on gorillas which live in Volcanoes National Park, in Mukingo, Rwanda. Reason local environmentalists are worry about protecting the rare mountain gorillas; Rwanda's mountain gorilla population; How the gorillas are protected.
- TOURISM. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Dec2000, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p30
Discusses the survival of gorillas in Uganda as part of the country's tourism. Description of Uganda; Information on the Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and Mgahinga National Park where the gorillas reside; Effect of human population to the area. INSET: MEDICINAL COMPOUND.
- Thirty years of care for mountain gorillas. // National Geographic;Sep97, Vol. 192 Issue 3, p140
Reports on the continuing influence of the work of naturalist Dian Fossey with African mountain gorillas. Her establishment of Karisoke Research Centre in 1967and its operation by the Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund; Its damage during Rwanda's civil war and closing in 1994; Removal of land mines from...
- How do you get a gorilla to smile? Cancalosi, J. // Ranger Rick;Apr91, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p40
Follows the author's attempts to photograph gorillas at the new gorilla exhibit at the Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle, Washington. The zoo is designed to look like a place where wild gorillas might live.
- Why not? Everybody else does it. Kageleiry, Jamie // Yankee;Jan98, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p37
No abstract available.
- Glad for Gorillas. // Scholastic DynaMath;Apr2009, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p3
A quiz concerning the number of gorillas that can be found in the Republic of Congo is presented.
- GORILLA HAVEN. Gaidos, Susan // Science World;10/27/2008, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p6
The article focuses on the discovery of a number of western lowland gorillas hidden in the isolated forests of the Republic of the Congo in Africa.
- Gorilla Society. Veit, Peter G. // Natural History;Mar82, Vol. 91 Issue 3, p48
Focuses on the Virunga volcanoes conservation region in Africa. Creation of sanctuary for mountain gorillas; Scattering of gorilla subspecies into reproductively isolated populations in pockets of remnant forest; Study of genealogy of silverback gorillas; Influence of kinship on social...