Deprived of health
Tags: HEALTH -- Social aspects
- Governments get checkups. Sipe, Jeffrey R. // Insight on the News;08/11/97, Vol. 13 Issue 29, p42
Reports that social scientists are devising studies to measure the social health of states and cities in the United States. Issues that will be covered in the studies; Comments from Marc Miringoff of the Fordham University Graduate Center in New York; Speculation on the implications of such a study.
- Social support. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Oct95, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p72
Discusses how family and friends can influence one's health. Need for positive relationships with others; Importance of the quality of relationships, not the quantity; Mind-body interactions; Seeking support.
- Vision, risk taking and personal commitment...is there a connection? Barry, John M. // Journal of Environmental Health;Oct93, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p29
Opinion. Comments on the relationship between vision, risk taking and personal commitment for environmental health professionals. Opportunity to become educational leaders; Awareness and understanding of environmental health problems.
- Ask Doctor Cory. // Jack & Jill;Oct/Nov96, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p30
Presents the questions and answers column `Ask Doctor Cory' on health questions from across the world. List of fire-safety tips. INSET: Be fire safe!..
- Wellness through the lens of gender: A paradigm shift. Depken, Diane // Wellness Perspectives;Winter94, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p54
Examines the dominant paradigms in wellness and health promotion, and the models and applications which follow from them through a lens of gender. Tendency of existing wellness programs to emphasize and oversimplify individual responsibility while de-emphasizing relational and environmental...
- My first diagnosis. Horsfall, James // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/25/97, Vol. 315 Issue 7115, p1044
Relates the author's experience on how the health condition of his mother shaped his medical career. His view regarding his first diagnosis; Memories of his mother.
- Outliers. // Modern Healthcare;11/03/97, Vol. 27 Issue 44, pI41
Examines the changes in the United States healthcare industry in recent years with emphasis on the increase in the work load of healthcare chief executive officers according to a survey by Witt/Kieffer, Ford, Hadelman and Lloyd. Examination of the healthcare partnerships being formed between...
- Health manifestos: Labour. Dillner, Luisa // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);6/8/91, Vol. 302 Issue 6789, p1356
Focuses on the need to fight poverty inorder to improve the health problems in Great Britain. Arguments of the Labour Party to improve the nation's health; Aim to cut the inequalities in health between the rich and the poor; Failure of the government to acknowledge the contribution of poverty...
- Never too thin? Weider, Betty // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Feb92, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p65
Discusses the need to be healthy to be pretty. Factors to evaluate; Foods that make a woman more beautiful; Importance of exercise.